[Caffeinated Rush] || Namjoon

Every Tuesday and Thursday, you stopped by your local coffee shop before your 9 am class. Since you came pretty often, the baristas remember your face. One barista in particular remembers your exact order. He's usually there in the morning and most of the time, he's the one taking your order. You look forward to him saying, "You want your usual?" He always said it with a dimpled grin and his glasses would slightly rise due to him smiling.

Today though, you were running late and you were debating on whether you should get your drink or not. You decided to go, even if it makes you a little bit late to class. You walk inside to find a long line. You knew that there would be a lime considering other people would be getting their drink before work. You pouted as you stepped on the line, hoping that the line somehow speeds up.

As if God answered your prayers, the cute barista, whose nametag reads 'Namjoon' spots you on the line and starts to make your order. He looks to see if anyone is paying attention before calling your name. You turn your head and see him holding up a drink. He beckons you over and once you get close enough, he whispers, "Hey, I made this for you because I know you have class soon and I don't want you to be late."

You smiled at the gesture but you also felt guilty because you got special treatment. You went to find your wallet to pay but he gently grabs your wrist.

"Dont worry about it. It's on the house."

"But-"

"Consider this to be a gift."

"A gift for what?"

"For being a loyal customer and for helping me make this barista thing easier."

You smiled and thanked him. You wish you could linger some more but you really had to go to class. You said goodbye and he said, "See you Thursday?" You responded with, "You already know."

As you sat in class with 5 minutes to spare, you take off the wrapper from the cup to see a note written on it. Since it was fall and you were drinking a pumpkin spice, he wrote "a pumpkin spice for my pumpkin :) - Namjoon." He also wrote his number so you immediately added his contact and sent him a text saying, "Hey Namjoon, it's your pumpkin."