[Criminal] || Mark

Mark Lee was the perfect boy. Respectful, punctual, as expected of the pastor's son. Every parent would tell their children that they should be more like him. Your parents made that comparison with you as well but with Mark being your friend, he would always tell you that you shouldn't be like him.

You thought he said that for you to be your own person but little did you know it would mean something totally different years later.

He was the textbook definition of 'goody two shoes' until senior year of high school. You two were friends but you two ended up with in different crowds. Mark's crowd however wasn't the one you were expecting him to be with.

You remember that day distinctly. On Friday, he was wearing bright colorful clothes. Coming back after the weekend, something felt different when you pulled up to school. As you walk up towards the stairs leading to the building, you see a group of boys sitting there. They were the notorious bad boys of the school. As you got to the first step, you hear someone call your name. You look over to the direction and you see someone walk up to you. But this wasn't just someone, this was Mark.

"Mark is that you?"

"The one and only." He answered with a smirk on his face. You have never seen him smirk in your years of knowing him so you're definitely confused.

"Who are you and what have you done to my Mark Lee?"

"Your precious Mark is still here, just new and improved." You turn to see that Lucas responded to your question. He stands up and throws his arm around Mark's shoulder.

"You corrupting my friend now, Lucas?"

"I'm not corrupting him. I'm just...how can I say this? I'm bringing out a new side of him."

"So you're being a bad influence on him?" You asked, quirking an eyebrow at him.

"Not that either. Mark doesn't want to be known as the preacher's son anymore. Isn't that right, Mark?"

You look at Mark and he nods in agreement.

"Do you not like my new look?" He asks you with a pout. You take the chance to finally look at all of him and you have to admit that he does look good. The black leather jacket fits his body well and his black jeans hugs his legs nicely. Ultimately, you've never seen Mark wear this much black before but it works for him.

"It'll take some getting used to but you do look nice."

His face lights up and he starts to bounce in excitement. It was so relieving to see your good ol' Mark was still in there. Lucas quickly grabs Mark's shoulders to make him stop.

"C'mon Mark, lets go."

"I'll see you at lunch _____."

"See you."

Lucas, Mark and the rest of the boys walk up the stairs and go into the building. You watched them until they disappeared from your sight, letting out a sigh.

"What have you gotten yourself into, Lee?" You ask to yourself before going inside.

Fast forward a few years later and you're in your new apartment watching the news. The news anchor reports that there is a person on a crime spree. First they robbed a high end jewelry store and now there is a chance they might commit arson next after the person was seen with gasoline in their trunk. As they described the person, based on build since they wore a mask, their body type seemed similar to Mark's. You quickly shook it off, knowing that Mark would never have the heart to do something like that.

The next week, you had a few friends over and you were all watching TV when it gets switched to breaking news. The screen showed a police chase and a picture of a car lit on fire. The reporter talked about how the person poured their initials in a ring of fire before driving off which is leading to the police chase. You all lean forward to try to make out the letters. One of your friends points out that they see "M.L."