[Safe and Sound] || Jongho

Based on the prompt above
-------------------------------------------------

Inseparable, the perfect word to describe your bond with Jongho. You two did practically everything together considering you've been best friends since birth. You've seen each other at your highest of highs and your lowest of lows. Jongho was literally the only person allowed to sleep over at your house and he basically had a residence key. You wouldn't be surprised if your parents loved Jongho more than you.

A habit that Jongho has that you never ask him the reason behind is that he always snuggles up to you and hides his face in the crook of your neck. You do know though that if he did that, it either meant that he was tired, upset or hurt about something. You could immediately sense which one it was from the way he approaches you and the way he would get close to you.

One time though, you two were watching a movie and he snuggled into your neck. For whatever reason, this time felt different. He didn't let out a sigh, nor did he shake his head twice. If anything, he left a small kiss against your neck.

"What-what was that for?"

"I like you, that's all."

You moved to the side to see his face properly.

"What do you mean you like me? You LIKE like me or?"

"Yes _____, I LIKE like you."

You narrowed your eyes at him despite the blush on your cheeks.

"How do I know you're not lying to me right now?"

"____, I know you. You know me. We both have feelings for each other so stop trying to deny it."

You being stubborn responded to him saying, "Who said I have feelings for you?"

You were about to eat your words seeing the smirk on his face.

"You don't huh? Then you don't mind if I get closer?" He said while leaning closer to you. You started to crawl away from him until you hit the end of the couch, leaving you trapped.

You gulped nervously while staring up at him. He was right and for some reason, seeing him in this position made him even more attractive. He watched your face, seeing that you're thinking about something.

"Whatcha thinking about?"

"Oh, you know..."

"Me?"

You shyly nod your head, embarrassed that he caught on.

"That's funny because, I'm thinking about you too. Do you want to know what exactly?"

You try looking away from him but he puts his hand under your chin, keeping you in place.

"I'm thinking about how I oh so badly want to kiss you but you're being so stubborn."

"I'm not being stub-" Jongho quickly cut you off by stealing a kiss. You blinked in shock, raising your hand to your lips in disbelief.

"Still want to deny it?"

You knew there was no point of fighting anymore so you pull him down and give him a proper kiss. You pull away and let out a giggle as Jongho takes his favorite position.

"Since we're dating now I guess, I have to know: why do you always cuddle into my neck like this?"

"Because you make me feel safe and sound."

"Likewise babe, likewise."

Yeah sure, you didn't exactly want the cliche 'best friends to lovers' trope to happen for you two but you can't deny that you felt calm and safe whenever he's around. Luckily for you, he's always felt the same way about you.