[Dr. Dolittle] || Johnny

Your husband, Johnny, is the highly acclaimed veterinarian in your town. Sure, he's young compared to the rest but people love him regardless. People gave him the nickname "Dr. Dolittle" because all of the animals that come in cooperate with him easily. You often visited his office during your lunch break since he was close to your job.

You both have a pet of your own who favors Johnny a lot. He always brings your pet to work so he can keep the other animals company. They enjoy seeing the other animals so much and seeing both Johnny and your pet so happy makes your heart swell with joy.

One time during your lunch break, you went to see Johnny and it was fairly empty. There was a little girl waiting with her mom to leave as your pets played with each other. You asked the receptionist if Johnny was busy and she looked at you with a playful glare.

"Honey, you know I don't stop you unless there's x-rays being done or an operation."

"I know but-"

"You don't have to ask me anymore. He's your husband for Pete's sake. Now go see him."

You chuckled along with her and you made your way to his office. You knocked and he beckoned you inside. You opened the door, revealing your smiling face to him.

"Is my favorite veterinarian husband ready to eat?"

"I'm always ready to eat."

You ate and talked about how work was so far. You always never want to leave Johnny but you do have to continue working. You were in the middle of the conversation when the receptionist came with your pet. She knew that your pet missed you both so she immediately brought them over.

"Your little baby missed you two." She handed them over to you and you softly pet them. Johnny asked if there were anyone for him outside and there was a patient waiting to be seen.

"Well, duty calls."

"Yep. I should get back to work as well."

You handed your pet over to Johnny and he led you outside. You pouted, not wanting to leave.

"Baby you know you have to go to work."

"I know but I don't want to." You started to lightly stomp your feet, showing your defiance.

"I'll make dinner tonight if you leave right now."

Liking the idea of not having to cook, you kissed your pet's head and gave Johnny a big kiss before running down the street. Johnny couldn't help but giggle at your actions. You turned around quickly to yell "I love you" and he yelled "I love you too" before going back inside, doing what he loves most.