[A Day at Coney] || Mingi

Coney Island was a staple location for some summertime fun and with the opening of Luna Park, you knew that you needed someone with high energy to go with you. No one would've been a more perfect candidate than your boyfriend, Mingi. When you arrived, he was practically bouncing off the walls in joy. You got your tickets and played some of the arcade games first. Mingi made it his goal to win you the biggest prize possible. You insisted that no matter what he won, you would appreciate it immensely but he already had the 'go big or go home' mentality.

After dragging him away from one of the games, you finally rode some roller coasters. You wanted to save the infamous Wonder Wheel for last so you can see everything from the top. After getting off the Cyclone, you went to find something to eat and walked the boardwalk. Once you both finished your food, Mingi was on his mission yet again. He looked and looked until his eyes landed on a large teddy bear. You noticed that he stopped in his tracks and when you looked in his line of sight you muttered, "oh no."

"Oh yes."

"But Mingi, is that going to even fit in the car?"

"We'll make it work."

You couldn't even get a reply out because he grabbed your hand and took you over to the booth, wanting to win the grand prize. You still cheered him on and he won on the first try. He looked more happy about the teddy bear than you were but once he put it in your arms, you started to run around. Mingi had to chase after you and you led him towards to one thing you were waiting for the entire day: the ferris wheel.

When you and Mingi entered the cart, you put your new friend on a bench while you and Mingi sat on the opposite side. Slowly but surely the wheel started to turn and you watched the horizon in glee. The sun was starting to set and the sky was filled with hues of orange and pink. You turned to Mingi with a big smile on your face only to be met with him and his signature gummy smile.

"Thank you for coming with me today."

"Thank you for inviting me."

You cuddled into his side and sat in comfortable silence. He rested his cheek on top of your head and suddenly let out a giggle.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing, just remembering how cute you looked running around with the bear."

"You won it for me so I must treasure it."

"It was my civil duty to obtain this prize."

You let out a chuckle and shook your head. You sat up straight and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you, kind sir."

"It was an honor."

As you reached the bottom, you two exited the cart, not forgetting about the bear and went back to the boardwalk to end the night watching the fireworks. After the show, you two struggled to fit the teddy bear in the car but you eventually fit it inside. You couldn't have asked for a better person to spend your day as Coney with.