Awkward Lunch pt. 2

Lisa's POV

No one dared to talk as we all sat down in the table. Jungkook took the seat beside me as he hold my hand under the table.

My father is looking back and forth with me and Jungkook. Taeyong sat awkwardly across me looking at Jungkook intently. I can tell he's really confused by Jungkook's presence. Jisoo unnie has been silently calm beside Taeyong and Jungkook looked sad, upset and relieved at the same time. He looks lost in thoughts as he is the subject of my father's intimidating stares.

"So, Lisa. Will you introduce your visitor to us?" My father broke the silence. I almost jumped out of my seat when I heard him talk.

I cleared my throat and when Jungkook noticed me nervous he squeezed my hand signalling me that It's fine.

"Father, Taeyong this is Jeon Jungkook of BTS.... my boyfriend" I said and I saw the disappointed look on my father's face and the hurt expression in Taeyong's eyes. Jisoo unnie seemed to be the only one happy about my introductions.

"A pleasure to finally meet you sir!" Jungkook bowed.

My father raised his brow at him and I can tell that Jungkook is nervous by the way his hand sweats.

"Jungkook, this is my father and this is Taeyong, my father's previous nurse." I said. But my father frowned more.

"Lisa,  why are you not introducing him to Jisoo?" My father asked. I mentally smacked my head.  All this time my father doesn't know that Jungkook hired Jisoo and he's the one financing everything.

"No need Mr.Manoban, We already know each other" Jisoo unnie explained. My father seemed to be confused but when he tried to ask I cut him off.

"Let's eat!" I excitedly said. Ignoring the tension between them.

They all started eating quietly. I can feel the heated stares of my father and Taeyong to Jungkook and me.

"So,  Jungkook what brought you here by the way" My father asked as he wiped his mouth with the table napkin.

"I came here to explain things to your daughter sir.  I believe she misunderstood a situation. And I wanted to clear my name" Jungkook said as he looked at me guiltily.

"You mean your dating scandal?" Taeyong said and we were all taken a back with his accusing tone including my father.

I looked to see Jungkook clenched his jaw as he looked back at Taeyong who's also doing the same.

"Yes about that. Those are all false rumors spread by someone and the company is taking legal actions about it." Jungkook almost raised his voice but he quickly calmed down when I squeezed his hand.

Taeyong snorted. And my father looked at him as if he was weirded out to see a pissed Taeyong.

"False rumors? I remember you were hugging a girl right?  Are you saying that you were just friends holding a girl like that?" Taeyong maliciously asked.

My chest hurts again remembering the way she hugged her. My father got quiet all of a sudden and I sensed that Jungkook is now at his boiling point.

When Jungkook was about to snap back at Taeyong,  we heard Jisoo unnie talk.

"I also believe that Jungkook should not be explaining to you Taeyong but to Lisa. They are the ones who are in a Relationship right?" Jisoo said putting emphasis in the word relationship.

"Are you defending him after knowing how Lisa cried for days because of him?" Taeyong turned his attention to Jisoo unnie. And Jungkook guiltily looked at me. I just looked down because It was true.

"Yes, I've seen her cry. But I've also seen how happy she was everytime Jungkook would call her. We people tend to forget the good things a person does when he do something wrong. They are happy together and this scandal is a normal problem every couple must face and so they must fight it together. I think this is just a misunderstanding between the two so they really need to communicate to fix this." Jisoo calmly explain.

We all got quiet. She's right. We lacked communication and that may be the reason why I suspected him of cheating.

"Jisoo,  let me ask you,  how did you know Jungkook" my father suspiciously asked.

I got nervous again but Jungkook seemed to be calm and quiet. Maybe thinking about what Jisoo unnie said.

"I know him because he is the one who hired me to be your nurse sir." Jisoo unnie admitted and I mentally slapped myself. There's no turning back now. My father will know that the benefactor I was telling him about back then was Jungkook all this time.

"What do you mean he hired you? Do you mean to say he is the one paying for your services?" Father asked her.

"Yes!" Jisoo unnie shortly answered.

My father looked at me. I know he wants me to explain.

"Lisa?" he managed to say.

"Dad,  the thruth of the matter is.." I paused and looked at Jungkook.  He nodded so I continued. "Jungkook is the one who finance all of this. Your treatment here in Washington, the doctors fee,  the hospital bills, the medications, the apartment, the nurse, the plain ticket even the groceries and the food we eat." I said nervously. And I can tell my father will scold me in 3,2,1..

"What!!!" my father almost stood from his seat. "He's done all of that?" my father asked as he cover his mouth from the shocking information.

I nodded at him.

"Lisa,  how can you ever take advantage of a person? That's too much of you to ask of your boyfriend. You're not even married yet!" my father looked at me disappointedly.

"Dad, I didn't--" I tried to explain but was cut off by Jungkook.

"Sir,  Lisa never took advantage of me. I'm the one who insisted to help because I can't bare to see her sad about your condition. My hyungs and I have helped a lot of people because we want to share back the blessings we recieve and your case is the most special to me. You are the father of the person I really love and I will do everything that I can to help her and to make her happy. I love your daughter so much so please don't think of her that way. I'm the one who pushed her to make the decision." Jungkook said pouring out all his emotions. Taeyong looked down and Jisoo unnie smiled. My father slowly sat back his chair. Looking into Jungkook's eyes as if reading if he's telling the thruth.

"I appreciate your help Jungkook but I guess this is just too much. I don't know how we can repay you" My father said with a soft voice.

"You don't need to. As long as Lisa is happy." he said as he looked at me.

"Well!  Let's continue eating!" My father smiled for the very first time to Jungkook. And I can feel Jungkook's happiness radiating in me.

We all eat happily except Taeyong who became quiet all of a sudden.

--------------------------

Hi guys!  Thoughts so far? 😊😊😊
Sorry for my bad english by the way.