Friend

Lisa's POV

Taeyong and I are sitting on the couch. He's arm rests on my shoulder. While his other arm is on his lap. I'm leaning on his shoulder as we sat comfortably.

I know It's wrong to have him here because Jungkook told me to never talk to him anymore. But he is my friend and I need someone to talk to right now. And I cannot just make him leave because he travelled all the way from Korea to see me.

"Lisa, tell me. What's bothering you?" he asked. His voice so soft trying hard to comfort me.

"I think he cheated on me." I said looking down.

"Did you just say he cheated on you? How did you know? Are you even sure?" he asked. I can tell he's being mad but he managed to control his emotions well.

"I saw a picture of them. They're hugging." I said and felt the water on my eyes threathening to fall.

"Did you ask him about it?" he asked trying to calm me down. I appreciate that he wants me to have it confirmed first but I asked Jungkook about his friends but he didn't tell me about the girl.

"Yes,  And he lied" I said and when I looked at Taeyong. He seemed to be confused. "Why?" I asked him. He seemed to not believe me.

"Nothing. It's just that there are hundreds of guys who wants your attention and this guy just blown his chances up." he said smilling bitterly.

"Don't exaggerate Taeyong. The only person I know who likes me aside from him is you and my former boss" I said.

"You just have no idea Lisa. Everytime you walk on campus, almost everyone will try different tricks just to get your attention. But sad for them,  you won't even give them a glance." he said but I don't believe him that much. If It's true,then Jungkook should've never cheated on me.

"I don't know." I said.

"Will you break up with him?" he asked. His eyes hopeful.

"No,  I'll just wait for him to break up with me." I said.

"Why would he do that?" he asked.

"I have a feeling he will break up with me soon." I said surely.

"What if your wrong and why are you so sure?" he asked again.

Then,  I will leave him instead. I want to tell Taeyong that I'm pregnant and Jungkook will leave me for sure if he knows this. But I planned not to tell him. It will be risky to tell Taeyong about my pregnancy. I will tell Taeyong about it but not right now.

I sighed and looked at Taeyong in his eyes.

"Promise me this is a secret between us." I said.

He nodded.

"I promise. Now tell me about it." he said looking back in my eyes and I can tell he's being genuinely honest.

"The bunny guy is the one who's financing my stay here along with my father's treatment. He was my employer back then and he promised to help me with dad. But now that our relationship is starting to shake. I can tell that his support will also come to an end. And I badly need to look for work. To support myself and father." I explained at him.

"Really? He must be really rich?" he asked. His voice seemed insecure. "But how about modelling?  You can continue modelling right?" he asked.

I shook my head.

"No,  It's not possible. I've been thinking about taking the nurse's board exam. But the exam is in two weeks and I won't be able to process the requirements in that short amount of time." I sadly said.

Taeyong's eyes grow big when I said that.

"Really Lisa?  You want to pursue nursing?" he asked happily.

"Yes but that's impossible now.  The next schedule of nursing board exam will be next year. I'm afraid that would take too long." I said.

"I have connections who can help you with that. I can help you Lisa." he said.

I looked at him expectantly. "Are you sure?  I can really take the exam?" I asked and he nodded.

"But I may not be able to pass the exam. It's been years. My brain is a little rusty this time." I said.

"A cum laude's brain will never get rusty" he said as he smiled at me.

Yeah. I'm the only honor student in our class and my professor even said,  I could've even ranked higher if I didn't got depressed over Chaeyoung's death.

"I guess I'll just study hard. You can help me study right? Where are you staying by the way?" I asked him.

"I'm staying at my Aunt Clara's home here in Washington. You already met her at my mother's birthday party." he said. I remembered the sweet old lady. She kept telling me back then that I look beautiful. She even thought I'm Taeyong's girlfriend.

"That's great!  How long will you stay here?" I asked.

"As long as you still need me." he smiled at me and I smiled back. This guy is really great. He's so kind to me. But I feel nothing for him except being friends. Jungkook has already taken the whole space in my heart. There's nothing left for other guy.

"Thank you for everything!" I said to Taeyong. And I hugged him tightly. Crying in his shoulders.

"Stop crying and pull yourself back up. We need to study and I tell you, I'm a very strict teacher" he smiled and he pulled back as he ruffled my hair.

"Yes sir!" I smiled at him.