Mini Boss 1 - Bear Warrior Bark-Bite

…soon to be replaced by a massive, hulking figure. Parts of a bearskin hung around the eight-foot tall, five-foot wide monster that came out of the tunnel. Skulls hung around the creature’s belt, bleached white, though they were splattered and stained once more. Purple skin was showing beneath the pelts, so somehow this creature was a bokoblin.

            It was the massive wooden club that concerned Link. It had to be at least two feet thick, and as long as his sword. If just one swing from that connected with you, you probably wouldn’t get back up to carry on the fight.

            A screak went up through the crowd, the spectators were finally taking notice of Link…and his sword. The bokoblin in the center of the arena stopped his pointless waving and came at Link, swinging aimlessly as it tried to land a blow.

            The wild cuts were easy to parry. Link’s sword fractured the monster’s shield arm, and he watched it dangle by the creature’s side as he prepared to strike again. Before he could finish the bokoblin off, a massive fist slammed into the purple skinned monster’s jaw. It stumbled over itself, releasing the blade from its hand.

            Bruce gripped his hilt, and swung the blade through the bokoblin’s chest. He’s found his nerve again, Link thought. Which was good, because the crowd was starting to pour in from behind them in outrage that their show had just been ruined. Link found himself back-to-back with Bruce as the massive bokoblin came at them from one side, a mob of enemies on the other.

            “Which one do you want to take?” Bruce asked with a darkly humorous tone. As if either was a good choice.

            Link headed forward towards the massive bokoblin. He heard cries of pain from behind him as bokoblins started to fall to Bruce’s blade. Link whistled, and Yore dove down from above, pecking at the heads of bokoblins as they swung, leaving them open to Bruce's attacks.

            Slowing down to a stop, Link stared up at the enemy before him. He tried to find a weakness as the monster came towards him with thundering steps. The bokoblin rose its club over its head, before swinging it straight down at Link. Link leapt off to his right to dodge the swing. A tremor rolled through the ground and Link had a hard time regaining his balance as he turned back around to face the creature once again.

            The stroke had left the monster with a jarred arm from impact. It released its club for a minute, rubbing its arm to try and wake it back up. Link took the moment to race towards the club. He hefted it up over his shoulder, before waving it in a wide swing.

            Releasing the weapon as it came back around on the swing, Link ducked as the club flew off into a corner of the arena. The bokoblin had tumbled over, a huge welt on its exposed stomach. Link raced forward, taking the opening to berate the stunned creature with his sword.

            Something rumbled in the bokoblin’s stomach, and Link jumped backwards as the gut punched the air where he had just been. The bokoblin stumbled to its feet, turning around with its arms flailing in wide circles around it as it searched for its weapon. Once its eyes found it, the monster broke into huge strides across the arena to reclaim it.

            Link watched as it hefted the huge club up and turned back towards Link. Again, it came at him, but just a bit quicker this time. Link dodged the swings, waiting for it to slam the club back into the ground and try to smash him.

            Sure enough, the monster slammed the weapon into the ground again. The wooden club fell to the ground as the bokoblin massaged its arm. Link grabbed the club just as it began to reach for its weapon again. He swung blindly, landing a blow on the bokoblin’s extended stomach once again and sending it tumbling over its feet.