Overworld Chapter 38 - Port City

…back into Grimvale. Endeavor looked around them. She said, “I doubt you will need the assistance of the Moon Pearl any longer. The Power Bracelets will help you more, where we are going. But leave them on until we leave the marsh to be safer.” She turned Quicksilver, and began riding out of the town towards Hyrule Field.

            Epona didn’t wait for Link to ask her to go. She cantered after Endeavor on her own accord. Link held onto the horn of his saddle as he stored his staff. He doubted that he would need it any time soon. It was already close to day break, and they weren’t far from Port City.

            The ride back out went much faster. With the swamp restored, Endeavor was less concerned about following the path. Epona disliked the shortcuts, but it got them out faster overall.

            Covered in mud and moss, Epona pulled herself out of the swamp. She snorted as Link switched back to his Power Bracelets. He had noticed that his attacks were weaker without them and was happy to go back to the small boost in strength. Once he picked the reins back up though, Epona was headed across the field.

            Endeavor and Quicksilver raced to keep up with the horse. Epona could tell where the beach was before Link could see the tree line recede to reveal it.

            Dawn rose over the vast bay. The silhouette of a tall fortress stood in the middle of the ocean miles away. The tall masts of ships stood over the coastline. Gulls began to take off for the day. Tall grass rolled in the morning wind, fading the green plains into rolling heaps of sand.

            Epona leapt into the ocean's waves. The sandy beach hardly fazed her, and Link didn’t have time to take in the city before them. He slid out of his saddle as Epona danced back further into the water, the caked on mud and dirt wash off in the warm saltwater.

            Link waded back to the beach. Endeavor pulled Quicksilver’s tack off and let the horse wade out into the ocean. Link sighed. “I don’t think she’s coming back in for a while.”

            The Drex laughed, before she began to stare out across the water towards the fortress. She said, “That is where we are headed next.”

            “Link!”

            Turning to look back up the beach, Link saw Zelda racing down the hill towards them. She jumped the last bit of the hill, forcing Link to catch her before she began to fall on top of them. Regardless, he toppled backwards as the sand slid beneath his feet. She landed on top of him just as he caught himself.

            Laughing and blushing, Zelda said, “Sorry.”

            Link turned a bit redder than he wished he had as he replied, “You’re fine.”

            “Princess,” Endeavor commented. “What are you doing here?”

            Zelda stood back up, letting Link up as well. She answered as she brushed off her white sundress, “Well, I wanted to see what was happening out here. Impa heard that these pirates were planning on invading up the river soon. If they can take Zora River, then there is a chance they may be trying to attack the Castle.”

            Endeavor thought about something for a moment, before she just shook her head. “I am going to see if I find a boat to reach the temple. Link, once the horses have finished, bring them to the Knight’s Station. I will tell you what I have found after that.”

            With that, the Drex walked off. Link began to walk out a bit into the water. Zelda stayed by his side, lifting her dress up a bit to keep it from getting wet. Link whistled for Epona. The mare turned her attention towards the shores, before beginning her struggle back. Link glanced Zelda, who seemed to be expecting a comment. He managed, “That’s a beautiful dress.”