Dungeon Chapter 46 - Deku Greenhouse

...to the Deku Greenhouse. A wave of humidity hit him like a wall. Link shook his head, taken back by sudden increase in moisture. He felt like he was back in Port City for a moment, but when no breeze followed, Link knew he was out of luck on that reality.

Pushing the doors all the way open, Link helped pulled the seed pod inside. The entrance to the greenhouse wasn't very big, at least not for Link. He was inches away from the ceiling. That would make fighting difficult. At least his companions were comfortable.

"Do any of you remember very much about this place?" Link asked as the door swung shut behind them.

Hiding beneath his bush, Kephe just shook in fear. That burst of excitement had been short lived. Wudhi answered, "I'd probably remember the least out of this lot. It's been near a century since I was here."

"80 is coming up for me," Saruo replied.

Mismawn hopped up onto the seed pod. "67!"

Still shaking, Kephe managed, "I-I-I'm g-going to be half a century soon."

Link blinked and looked around at the group. Calling them forest children was starting to feel a little inaccurate. "Is there anything you can remember?"

"It didn't look like this before," Mismawn commented.

Link rubbed his temples for a moment. Saruo chuckled. "Like I said before, I don't know why you brought these shrubs."

"Do you know if anyone kept a map of the Greenhouse?" Link asked.

"Oh, yes, the Wardens had one," Wudhi answered. "For when folks would come to visit, there was a map kept in the store rooms to hand out, I believe. Wonder what happened to the Wardens though."

"Let's find one of those store rooms then," Link suggested, giving the seed pod a push. The doors seemed to be designed to be large enough for the pods, but not for taller visitors. Link started to wonder why Endeavor had elected to leave now. Link bent down to push the door open, glad for once that he wasn't tall.

Beyond the main entrance was a long hall. It forked at the far end into two more paths. At the middle of that T stood a huge, ornate door. Link look at the heavy lock hanging on the door frame. "I'm guessing that's the main chamber."

"As far as I remember," Wudhi replied.

Link looked that corridor up and down. "When did all this start?"

"Just shy of 20 years ago," Saruo stated. Link felt a pang of guilt, guessing that it was closer to 18 years. He gave himself the benefit of the doubt. Ganondorf had become active around then too.

"What are these Wardens?" Link inquired, trying to get the conversation away from that guilty thought process.

Mismawn rattled as he bounced along with Link down the halls. "They were big things that protected the seeds."

"Big what though?" Link continued to the end of the hall, peering around the corner, but keeping to the shadows. At the end of the hall leading to the left was a dormant contraption. For a moment, Link thought it was an armos, but there was something odd about it that differentiated this machine from an armos. There were features on it that looked almost like the Sheikah tongue.

Pulling himself back around the corner, Link pointed his thumb towards the hallway and asked, "That's a Warden, isn't it?"

Mismawn rattled for a moment as he hopped over to the corner, then came back around. "Yup, that's a Warden."

Two temples in a row with robots. Link got a sinking feeling though that these robots weren't as friendly as those in the Stonewall Prison. Further, he didn't have Endeavor for any of them to flirt with this time around.