Dungeon Chapter 12 - The Water Filter

• Đã dành riêng cho cfmmmm

            …into a wider room. White pillars supported the room in its four corners. In the middle of the room, a large pool opened. Spray came up from the pool, bathing the room constantly in water.

            Faru clapped her hands as they came closer. Link leaned over and could see the massive metal fins churning the water. Faru said, “So it is working! Great! Which means the sewage hall has opened.”

            “The what?” Link asked, looking at the young zora.

            “Well, more specifically, the room beneath this has opened up,” Faru stated. “And, considering that no one wants to go through that,” she pointed down at the filter, “the Queen hid the key to the Central Generator beneath it.”

            Link looked over the edge one more time. “We’re going through that?”

            Faru giggled. “Don’t be silly. We’re going to go around it. There’s a little hallway that the Queen told me about that leads down there. Come on!” Faru took Link by the hand, and started pulling him along towards one of the side exits. The doors rolled open for them obediently, Nayru’s symbol becoming more common as they went further back into the structure, and spiraled downwars towards the base of the city.

            Finally, Faru let go of Link as they reached the bottom of the city. Link could hear the pounding the massive filtering system beyond the wall next to him. Faru walked down a few more steps before stopping in front of a door. Despite how far they were from anything most zoras would have seen, this door had Nayru’s symbol on it, traced with silver and gold, and was present just as formally as if it was the entrance to the Queen's quarters.

            Link rolled the door open for the two of them. Water streamed out, before being swept away through a grate beneath them. Faru shouted, “Quickly, before you flood the place!” She jumped into the water, and swam through the current.

            Quickly pulling his mask up, Link followed her through, before turning around to close the door. The water returned its downward path towards a hole in the ground that exited back out into Lake Hylia. Something swam beneath the temple, and Link was glad for a moment of the protection of this room.

            Then he looked up. Beneath the massive spinning fans of the filter swam at least ten craniocs. The massive fish had no intentions of looking down, but Link didn’t want to encourage their attention anymore than he had to. Faru, on the other hand, did.

            Link spotted her almost before it was too late. The zora was charging one of the large bulb-headed fish, aiming directly for the large dome extending for the creature’s head. Apparently the spot was weaker than it appeared, because it caused the monster to shutter after being hit, before it curled up and died.

            The other craniocs weren’t too happy about Faru’s actions though. Their scales turneda bright red, and they began to charge Faru. Link whipped out his clawshot, grappling one of the monster’s by the bulb. As he was pulled into the bulb, he drew his sword, and swiped a second one across its forehead.

            The two craniocs sunk into the water before they vanished. Link turned to the remaining few. Faru had handled another one nicely, before sinking as another charged her.

            As Link handled a few more, Faru swam to a small door very near the filter. The current there was very strong. The craniocs eventually had to give up in their pursuit to follow them, as they couldn’t force their massive bodies up any further.