Boss 6 - Eye of the Storm Anzu

• Dedicated to Shayla Clare

            …and down into the room below. He landed with a thud in a pile of snow powder. The powder rolled out beneath him, and Link slid down the rest of the way to the floor. He looked around the room. The massive gate outside the dual staircase stood to his right, and the huge dining hall to his left.

            Three half lit chandlers hung from the ceiling. Link walked down beside the long table that ran through the center of the room. It was broken, sloping down into a pit. Link looked over the edge of the rounded edge rectangular pit. Boiling water curled around beneath a thick layer of ice, neither gaining on the other.

            “I suppose there are more efficient ways to cap a sauna, but isn’t this one just beautiful? Paradoxes are amazing.”

            Link jumped back as Zeal appeared in front of him. He turned his sword around, pointed at Zeal. Zeal put her hand to her cheek. “Oh, please, what are you going to do? Hurt me? Why, I haven’t done anything yet.”

            “Haven’t done anything?” Frostbar roared, leaping up onto the table. “I’d gladly beg to differ.”

            Zeal rolled her eyes at the yeti and began walking a long the table. Eventually, she walked over the edge, but kept walking at the same level. Frostbar began to continue to rage on about all the trouble Zeal had caused as Zeal made her shawl appear over her shoulders. Eventually, she sighed. “You should find some more interesting company. This one is so…hm, dull, I suppose is the word. I'm sure there's something more accurate, but that's not worth the time.”

            Walking out over the steaming pit, Zeal said, “If you ever want some more interesting company, I’m sure you know where to find it. As for now…” She tossed the shawl into the air. “Have fun.”

            The shawl twisted in the air, before floating out over the frozen pool. A current of air slipped out of a crack in the ice, catching the shawl. The cloth began to dance rapidly, until a figure formed beneath it. A long nose stuck out beneath the shawl, before the cloth vanished and left the figure on its own. The three fingered creature twirled an orb at the end of its hand. A light emitted for the orb, flashing like a storm and lighting up the creature’s face.

            Link realized that it wasn’t a nose at all, but a beak. The bright orange beak stuck out beneath the wide brimmed hat, striped with deep blue lines. It was almost a wizzrobe, if it wasn’t for the power that emitted from that orb. Link figured that must have been true for the whole thing.

            The mouth of the monster opened. In a voice like a storm, ancient Hylian emitted from the creature’s beak. “You have come to end the storm atop the mountain, but this storm shall never sleep. For coming here, you shall sleep with the winter forever.”

            Raising its hands, the monster cawed and lightening struck behind. The storm began to rage inside the room. The monster lifted its hat, orbs of solid ice firing out at the ground. The table shattered as the ice hit it. Link leapt out of the way of the attack as Frostbar went flying back.

            Bolts of lightening and orbs of ice beat down behind Link as he dodged the attacks. He heard the chandeliers rattled overhead. He grabbed his clawshot, hoping to get some distance from the wizzrobe. His clawshot caught, and he pulled himself up to the chandelier. He pulled himself on the icy bar, gripping it for dear life as the wind tossed him around.

            Finally able to pull himself up, Link grabbed onto the middle portion of the chandelier. The wind continued to toss him, but Link was able to balance now that he was on top. That was until the wizzrobe caught up with him.