Dungeon Chapter 34 - Fort Hylia

…into the Fire Temple. The small channel of water turned around a bend, bumping Lynard’s ship as they sailed around it. A gate fell behind them. The ship came to a stop as a boot caught it. A tall, dark skinned man stood on the edge of the cove. “Well, look who we have here. If it ain’t the Hero of Hyrule, come tuh save the day.”

            A snicker went up around the rocky edge. Pirates leaned up over the side, looking down at them in Lynard’s boat. Lynard kept hold of his tiller, his head low.

            “An look-ie here! They bring the King’s flesh and bones intuh oar stronghold,” said one, leaning down, and grabbing Zelda by the back of her neck. Link pulled his sword, pointing it up at the pirates until they backed away from Zelda. The men exchanged a look, before drawing their own blades, and pointing them back down at Link.

            “Yer courage will be yer death, boy,” stated the tall, black man. “Lower ye blade.”

            With rage in his eyes, Link lowered the sword, but didn’t sheath it. He guarded Zelda, keeping his eyes up on the man above him. The man grinned back at him, before dropped down into the ship. The small boat rocked, and Lynard bounced forward a bit. The man said, “Ye think ye’re clever, do yuh? Comin’ in here, wit that might-ie sword of yer’s? Think ye’re brave?”

            The pirate pointed his cutlass at Link. “Ye’re just a boy, who’se wandered too far from his home. But ye’re off the edge of the map now, boy. Here, there be monsters.” He gestured up at the gathering above them. The laughter went around again.

            Link caught the swing that followed. He batted the sword aside. His sword was heavier and stronger, but the pirate’s was lighter. Link deflected the blade, but didn’t return the swings. The pirate barbed, “Wha’s the matter, boy? Ye afraid of a little blood?”

            Catching the hilt of the pirate’s sword in his, Link twisted his blade. The force sent the cutlass flying out of his opponent’s hand. The man wobbled on his feet, before falling into the shallow water. Link replied, “I think you’re confused about what bravery is.” He extended his hand out over the edge of the water.

            He heard Endeavor sigh behind him. The man grabbed Link on the upper half of his arm, and pulled him into the water. The pirate’s muscular arm pressed against Link’s neck, and he struggled against the arm as it pulled him up out of the water, and onto the rocky ledge.

            Zelda exclaimed, “Of all the indecent pigs-!”

            Two men jumped down onto the ship, grabbing Zelda behind her back. The man holding Link replied, “But we aren’t decent, are we lads?” There was a cheer. The man let go of Link, but he was quickly ambushed from behind by two more pirates. The black man picked his sword back up, and asked, “Now, are ye going tuh come with us, or are we gonna have tuh-?”

            Endeavor replied, “If you are going to insist on capturing us, then I fail to see the benefit in fighting it. What about you, Lynard?”

            “Say that name again, lass!”

            Silence came over the room. The men parted ways as a woman walked through the middle of the crowd. She was dark skinned as well, though slightly more fair than the large man who had been in charge so far. Her hair was drawn back beneath a large, feathery hat, and a stunning gold saber hung on the side of her long red coat. The heels of her tall black boots clicked against the stone. “Say that name again,” she repeated as she came to the front of the horde.