Dungeon Chapter 10 - Crossing To the Forge

…on further into the city. Two chu worms dropped from the ceiling, bounced once, before they began rolling towards the two of them. Link tightened his grip on his sword, moving around to the side of one of the beasts.

            Link rolled a bomb across the room, the explosion ripping apart the chu worms’ defenses. With the gel barrier worn down, Link found it easier to get to the worm this time. Even with two of them, they fell in half the time it took Link when he faced his first one.

            As Link searched the surrounding pots, Faru asked, “Could you…not use the bombs?”

            Turning to the zora, Link saw a raw, red mark on her arm. The way she held it said that it was recent. “Did I hurt you?”

            Faru nodded with a small smile. “I know you didn’t mean to, but fire and water don’t mix. That explosive powder is very damaging to my scales.”

            Pulling a few more rupees out of a pot, Link said, “I’ll try to find a way around using them, and I’ll warn you if I have no other choice.” Faru’s cheery expression returned at his comment, obviously forgiving him, and she hurried on through the next door.

            Much like the other side of the city, this room was tiered, and connected by wooden bridges, most had been broken by the water coming in through the broken barrier though. Three, long aqueducts carried water across the room, and on through the wall further into the building.

            Jumping up on a bench, Faru said, “That’s the way to the forge. This water would be used for cooling the smith’s works before they were taken to these stores.”

            “So, it’s just across this room?” Link asked.

            “Technically…yes,” Faru replied. “But to get across we’re probably going to have to go through some other hallways and buildings. Unlike the houses, these are connected to each other, on account that wares needed to come in through back doors, not the front.”

            “Then what are you waiting for?

            Yore landed above them, and looked down at them.

            “Things are pressing here. There has been an attack on the castle again.

            Link’s stomach lurked, his thoughts going to the Princess. He demanded, “What happened?”

            “The Princess is fine. There was an attack beneath the city, and series of explosions and earthquakes.

            “They attacked on the river?” Link asked, thinking about the city’s location.

            “In the sewers! And what runs under the river towards the Temple of Time.

            “Oh…” Link muttered, feeling a bit foolish for his question. Then again, how was he to know teh city's structure? “Where is the Princess?”

            “Daniel is escorting her to the Academy. He felt she would be safer there, since Farore’s power over the area has been restored.

            “I am riding right next to you, Endeavor. Or do you have to act like I’m not here?

            “Hurry, Link. There is no time to spare. If the Demon Lord tries another attempt to take Zelda…we are running out of places to hide her.