Mini Boss 12 - Captured Guardian Jashu

…behind him. There was a heavy thud as something ran into the door behind them. Link pushed himself against the door, trying to keep it shut. Finally, the slamming stopped. Link eased away from the door and made his way further into the room. The water was still, and it concerned Link.

            They had found the hull of the ship. Endeavor sunk down, searching around the many crates in the large cargo hold. She skimmed the labels on boxes, swimming rapidly from box to box, trying to locate one specific item in all this mess.

            Link looked around, wondering where the threat was. He was waiting for something to show up. His eyes saw something familiar. Zeal’s shawl was draped over the top of a stack of boxes, moving slightly in the water.

            Quickly, Link swam over towards the object. He started to pulled it free, only to watch it disappear. He gripped his sword, turning around. A shadow passed around the bottom of the hull. It was moving quickly, too quickly for Link’s comfort.

            Zelda fired an arrow into the back of the ship. The light flashed, but the creature moved too fast to be hit.

            Endeavor made some sound as she found the box she was searching for. Then, almost immediately after, the crates, and Endeavor, were thrown back. Endeavor hit the wall, floating up a bit, unconscious.

            Link turned back around, and saw the beast rise from the shadows. The contorted form of a whale swam up, with something like a squid wrapped around it. Yellow eyes opened on the long tentacles of the beast.

            Adjusting herself, Zelda launched another arrow at the creature. The projectile buried itself in the whale’s skin and the creature bellowed in pain. The whale’s eyes opened, blood-shot and agonizing. Suddenly, Link realized that this wasn’t one creature. It was a parasite feeding on another being.

            Without a way to communicate this to the others, Link dove into the fray of tentacles. He swam over the whale’s eye. There was a look of recognition as Link passed the creature, but he didn’t have time. He kept swimming until he found the source of the black parasite clinging to the whale. One of its sickly yellow eyes roved around, watching Link as he approached.

            A shadow appeared above him. Link dashed out of the way as an arm crashed into the whale’s side. Again, the whale bugled its pain, before it turned to face Link again. One of the long arms, came sweeping towards him. Link turned, and stabbed it out before it could complete its swing. The arm curled back, drawing back to nurse itself.

            Zelda must have picked up on it by now, because she started to fire at the other tentacles. A few of the arms reeled back as well. With the new opening, Link swam in towards the parasitic squid again. He grabbed the head of it, trying to cut the thing off from the whale. While it took quite a beating, the monster refused to let go of its mount.

            Behind them, Endeavor shook her head and woke back up. The tentacles stretched back out. Link saw the shadows, and dodged quickly before the attack landed. As Link swam back, Endeavor ducked in. She was angry about being thrown back. Between her and Yore, several more tentacles were cut. Those remained turned, their eyes gone wild, concentrating on the Drex.

            Lynard gripped his blade a little tighter as the monster launched an attack. His sword dipping between Endeavor’s neck and shoulder, putting out the closest eye for good. Endeavor turned around to glance at the man, nodding at him, before returning to her fight.

            With Endeavor and Lynard distracting the thing, Link swam back around to the back of the whale to try and remove the squid once more. As he approached, the beast blasted a cloud of ink. But, Link didn’t find himself hindered. He remembered the Shadow Medallion still in his Sage’s Rod, and figured that the magic was still in effect. He grabbed the parasite again, pulling it further back. His sword cut through the dark monster for several minutes, but it still refused to be removed.