Overworld Chapter 43 - The Calmed Ocean

…and onto the ship that waited on the other side. Endeavor looked up at them as they entered, then noticed Lynard’s absences after a few minutes. “Where is the elder Hylian?”

            “He’s staying behind to help Sayyida until she recovers,” Link answered.

            The Drex nodded. “Very well.” She turned back to Omar as the burly man finally started coming to.

            Rubbing his head, Omar asked, “What happened?”

            “You charged into that field, and nearly got yourself killed,” Endeavor replied flatly.

            “Is Sayyida safe?” Omar inquired, shooting a brief glare at Endeavor.

            Link stated, “Yes, the Sage is safe.”

            “And she requested that you had our possessions returned to us,” Zelda added. “We have more temples to go see.”

            There was a moan of dissatisfaction around the ship. They obviously enjoyed having some of these items. They were useful for raiding and pillaging. Though Zelda’s next comment lead to a bigger wave of discontent. “And Omar, she said to hoist the Hylian crest. You’re to join the privateers of the Hylian Navy.”

            Omar turned to the Princess. He wasn't surprised anymore. He figured this was going to happen once he had seen the Princess so willing stand up to defend the Sage. “Very well then.” He extended Zelda’s sword out to her. “Then I suggest stayin’ alive. I have a guess as tuh what her agreement be.”

            Endeavor answered, “We will ensure the Princess’s safety. She will be returning to Castle Town after we dock.”

            “I’m what!?” Zelda exclaimed.

            “Yes, returning to Castle Town,” Endeavor replied. “You need to work out the details of this pact with your father. Not to mention, the only insurance we have that this deal will be honored is that you are alive. Risking that condition so shortly after the agreement has been made would be uncomfortable for this end of the bargain.”

            Omar said, “Ye sound like a regular politician.”

            “I am,” Endeavor said. “I may be trained in combat, but I remain the Royal Embassy for Queen Justice.”

            As Zelda huffed about her lot, the pirates returned the rest of their weapons. Zelda demanded, “Why is it that you think you can command me?”

            “Because I am more experienced in war, Princess,” Endeavor replied. “And I would not seen the next crown into where we are heading. As unhappy as these people were to see you, the people we plan to visit will be even less so.”

            “And why’s that?” Zelda demanded.

            Endeavor answered, “Because your father ignores their plight in order to guard his own fort and not their own home. The Gerudo people stood to see you last in the company of Link and I, with the newly found Master Sword. But that mystified moment is passed. The danger is more real, and bringing you there would cause more trouble than it would good. As stubborn as Sayyida is, this whole race would match her. There is no good to be found in bringing you with us at this moment.”

            Zelda crossed her arms, still discontent with the answers she was getting.  Endeavor went on, “We will be picking someone from your Royal Guard though, if that is any comfort to you.”