Overworld Chapter 15 - There's No Place Like Home

…and back into Zora’s Domain. Zoras paused and looked at Link as he stepped out of thin air. Obviously they recognized him, but it was still a surprise when someone came out of no where.

            It wasn’t before long that Queen Rasida came rushing down the stairs from her throne room. It was the first time Link had seen such concern on anyone’s face. She stopped in front of him, panic in her eyes. “Where’s Faru?”

            Link bowed, saying, “Faru decided to remain in Nayru’s temple, and fulfill her duty in becoming a priestess.” He held out the silver necklace. “She asked me to bring this to you, on her behalf, and on…behalf of your husband.”

            There was silence. The Queen lifted the necklace from Link’s hand. He explained, “The King had it fitted into the key that protected the central generator’s room, so that the creatures who attacked your city couldn’t restore it, and deface Nayru’s shrine. It was hidden in his private study, along with a pictograph…of you two. Unfortunately, the great beast who was residing beneath the city smashed the door, and the room can no longer be entered.”

            Queen Rasida shook her head. “No, it is better this way. I am glad that such happy memories of us are sealed away in a place where no one can harm them, ever again. And I am glad that you brought me this, and Faru to her destiny. She will bring honor to her people.

            “Now, as for your people,” the Queen went on, her tone changing. “They left three days ago for the Woods you call home.”

            “Has it really been three days since we left?” Link asked.

            “Time passes differently for those in the dark,” the Queen stated. “But I do believe that they will have reached their destination by now. Not only is the passage down safe from the creatures of the Dark Lord, but it is also safer now that the waters are flowing clean and clear. Many of the banks you rode on up here are dry and wider now, which should allow you to travel quickly there as well. You should have no trouble traveling alone in catching up with them.”

            There was a whinny, and Epona came charging out of a cave. Link almost thought she was going to plough him over for leaving her, but the mare stopped in front of him. He rubbed her nose. The Queen said, “Your horse is a very strong creature. It was hard caring for her in your absence, but she is as healthy as when you left.”

            “Thank you,” Link said, patting Epona’s side.

            “Of course,” Queen Rasida replied. “Our people are in your debt for what you have done for the waters of Hyrule. May you travel safely, wherever your journey takes you. And know the zoras will always come to your aid.”

            Link swung into his saddle as Yore glided overhead. He knew he was expected elsewhere. He said, “I will never forget this place. Thank you, Queen Rasida. Without your grace, I would not be true citizen of my country. I will fight to protect this place, to preserve that memory, and the good people who live here.”

            The Queen bowed to him, and waved, reminding him that he needed to leave. Link waved back, before kicking Epona into a canter.

            Queen Rasida was right. It was much safer traveling back down, and just traveling in general. Link made it to Earth Falls without having to press Epona very hard by that evening. He changed back into his green tunic at his camp that night. He was glad to be out of the blue armor, and to get his land legs back. He was also eager to get home, and left early in the morning.