Boss 11 - The Maelstrom

...only to be thrown back by a sudden burst of wind emitting from the now opened doorway. Link grappled the grate above him with his clawshot, reaching for Zelda as they both were thrown backwards off the the platform by the wind. Zelda squeezed against Link's chest as they rocked back and forth on the chain of the clawshot, dangling out over the open air. Taka and Sagi hovered in the air beside them, but even the Rito were struggling to keep their balance in the winds now buffeting them.

There was an ungoddessly loud screech as metal began to tear from its supports. Stones splintered and beams failed. This storm, its full strength now released, was going to tear the Keep apart. Its spiraling clouds already hanging around the remains of the structure began pouring down rain like daggers, and winds that sent the clouds into a frenzy. The storm spun faster and faster until Link thought a hurricane was going to burst from this magical anomaly in the sky.

Yet whatever magic had left the Keep floating along in the sky continued to keep this blast site floating along in the air. It was like an explosion had been frozen in time, the debris scattered into every direction, coming to a stop have the sudden blast of the wind had ripped it appart. Only a few long flats of stone remained. Walls were turned over on their side and the insides of towers exposed and full staircases hung in the air climbing to the heavens.

Out of the remains of the armory burst a small storm cloud. It was the darkest mass in this small eye of the storm. Perhaps from the stars gazing down they might have seen it has a pupil to the furious rain. But here, without the perspective of the Goddesses, Link saw the closest thing to a target.

"How do we fight that? It's the storm itself," Sagi shouted over the thrashing winds.

Link scanned the wreckage, for any sign of help. It was Zelda that spotted it first though. "There! That's the wind machine!"

"I think we have plenty of that right now, princess," Taka called before he dropped into a gust instead of fighting it. Moments later, the Rito climbed back up towards them. "I'd prefer to get out of this wind if that's an option instead of making things worse."

Zelda shook her head and started swinging her weight against Link, pushing them into a slow arch. "When we turned on the machines before, it counteracted the main storm and its abilities to find us. If we can get the building up and running again to combat these gales, we might be able to locate whatever is causing this storm, because I get the feeling that cloud is some kind of shield."

"One way to find that out quickly," Link answered, turning to find a golden tipped hawk gliding up through the rubble. "Endeavor! Is there any kind of lifeform in this maelstrom?"

There was a long pause as Yore flapped hard against the wind to climb up towards them. As the maelstrom began to pound out a flurry of lightning strikes, Link shifted Roc's Feather to the edge of his pack, where Zelda grabbed onto it and sent them rocking up into the air. Link released their grapple and locked onto another metal bridge, swing out of the way of the strikes until he managed to land them both on a stone platform.

Sagi and Taka rolled out of the way of the flurries of lightning, banking around the Keep's ruins. Sagi called down, "Find a way to hurt it, we'll keep it off you." He then dove down towards the clouds, kiting the attention of the storm away from Link and Zelda.

Yore nearly fell out of the air as he landed on Link's wrist guard, his talons slipping off the leather as the hawk panted. Endeavor's voice finally perked up out of the hawk. "My apologies, it has been silent. There is an entity inside this entire storm, it is difficult for me to locate any central concentration of energy. Yore would need to get closer for me to be able to identity any central target."