Dungeon Chapter 54 - Making Connections

...to the floor below. The sounds of the storm rebounded around them, and the physical parts of it whipped in, splashing rain onto the stone floor, where the floor even remained. Parts of the flooring had floated off, now hovering a few feet from the rest of the structure. However, where the storm was being thrown into the building was from a doorway. Two doorways to be more accurate.

Link walked over to the doorframe to the right of the stairwell and found himself looking up at the grate they had walked across minutes ago. He raised a hand over his brow to block the water that sprayed down towards him, splashing against the walls of the Keep and dripping down the sides.

Across the way from him was a wall. From here, it looked like a completely solid wall, but between the mist and the rain, it was hard to tell what kind of details might have been across the span of open air. If the Ritos hadn't said that there was supposed to be a door there, Link would have never believed them. Taka leaned over Link's shoulder as well, whistling after he stared at the spot Link was concentrating on. "Looks like they filled in the wall completely."

"It's not magic or something?" Link asked as they both took a step back.

"Even if it was, what could we do to tear it down?" Taka replied. "Plant a bomb on the inside and I think the princess has the right idea about what would happen to the building's integrity. If we tried firing at it from over here, the rain would just kill the explosion before it got to the other side."

"Then the solution may not be explosives." Link eyed the wall for a moment longer before turning towards Sagi and Zelda. The two were pulled a large metal object out from a wedge in the wall. It looked like a portion of the grates they had been walking around on.

Zelda coiled her fingers through the wires, her face knotted as she sunk into thought. She was trying to figure out the puzzles. "It's almost...now I'm...I'm not very good at eye estimates, but this seems about the same size as that gap we saw between this building and the mist one."

"It is similar in size," Sagi concurred, shifting the large piece a little further from the wall.

"How many grates walkways are there in the Keep?" Link inquired, folding his arms. He thought he had an idea forming, but he wasn't sure just yet.

"Three." Taka indicated with three long feathers at the tip of his wing.

"Just three? Excluding those bridges we've been walking over?" Zelda asked. Taka opened his mouth to respond, but then paused. Sagi was equally silent about the matter as both of them thought over that little detail. "I think those are our three bridges, not three additional bridges we need to find around the temple. But this big segment gives us a big hint about figuring out how to get to the armory."

Sagi's beak tapped the side of the metal grate as he looked at it, then back to Zelda. "How do you suppose that?"

"Because this piece was segmented off," Zelda answered. "If we can break pieces off of the bridges, then maybe we can just pop out a few middle pieces and carry them around to make a bridge to the center of the Keep."

"You make that sound like that's easy." Sagi hefted the large metal chunk a few feet, to great effort. As he quit dragging it, he motioned back to the princess. "We can barely move this one ourselves. How do you suggest we get it anywhere else in the Keep?"

"It can't be that bad," Link said, walking over beside Sagi. He laced his fingers through the grate, trying to balance himself for the lift. Sagi took a step back, standing beside Taka as Link braced. There was no snicker before Link lifted, but there was no room to snicker after as Link hoisted the grate with almost no effort what so ever. It might have been more fair to mention that Link had power bracelets around his wrists, but the thought had slipped his mind to mention.