Overworld Chapter 48 - Gold To Green

...the temple was lost to sight. Link craned his head, but he knew he wouldn't see any further.

       Endeavor glanced back at him. "What did you see?"

       Link looked away, still frustrated for letting Bahadur get to him. He lied, "Nothing."

       The thunderstorm and dragon fight had left the crevice filled desert with a new landscape. The crevices still were there, but some had been bridged by matted clay that had been torn up by the dragon and hardened when the sunlight returned. It wasn't the first choice for construction, but the bridges would do for now.

       With the return trip far easily, and the sinking sun making it far cooler to travel, the party made steady progress back from the inner Lanayru Desert to the rolling Gerudo Desert sands. Before long, the oasis they had rested it at days before rose before them.

       Stopping to let their horses drink, the party sat around the water's edge. Parijan refilled her water skins as they continued with the idle conversations they had been carrying on during their ride. Daniel finally leaned back and asked, "So, where are we headed exactly?"

       "Wish I knew," Parijan stated. "But things get significantly more difficult when I can't see anything."

       "Then...we have no leads?" Daniel inquired.

       "Not that I know of," Parijan answered. "My knowledge of the desert is limited. Beyond the Common Camp and Stonewall, I've got nothing."

       Endeavor said, "Perhaps I can help then. There have been a number of sightings of Gerudo on the northern border of the desert, on the foothills to the Frostbite Mountains. It is believed that there may be some other camp in that direction."

       "That's a start, thanks," Parijan replied. She held her hand out to Endeavor for a moment. Endeavor took it. Parijan stated, "Goddesses guide you."

       "Din aid your pursuit," Endeavor answered. They nodded, before Parijan and Daniel remounted and headed north, headed back for the Common Camp. They waved over their shoulders, before disappearing into a sandstorm.

       "Did you-" Link started, but Endeavor already seemed to see the comment coming.

       "Did I ask for Din to bless them, yes. It seemed fitting. Besides, Din's Sages are safe now," Endeavor explained. "She will aid us, whether She agrees with my Goddess of not. Besides, Link, Din is still one of the Golden Goddesses. She created this world in part, and deserves worship for that. My faith does not believe in disowning Her from that position, merely that She must accept She was wrong."

       Link's head sunk a bit at her response. He didn't think he would ever understand what the Drex thought of Din, or the other Golden Goddesses for that matter. It was a complex faith, that was for certain. Then again, if the Hylians had been banished from Hyrule for generations, would he believe differently?

       "We should carry on," Endeavor said as she stood and moved towards Quicksilver. "The Lost Woods is going to be difficult to navigate. We should start as soon as we can."

       Epona whinnied as Link climbed back into the saddle. The two set off at a canter, and then a gallop. They paused for a brief rest in Sandsought as dawn crept up on them before riding the last stretch back to Hyrule Field. Even after the empty expanse that was the Gerudo Desert, Hyrule Fields still felt incredibly quiet. As they neared the outreached of Eveningale though, a thought occurred to Link.

       "Endeavor, when we've purified a region before, the enemies have stopped appearing there, right?" Link asked.

       Endeavor looked at him, pondering the thought for a moment. "Yes, it would seem that the greater majority of enemies have disappeared after this fact, chiefly those of Ganondorf's recent creation. Why?"