Mini Boss 8 - Alpha White Wolfos

...until it stood fully in front of them. The wolfos barred its teeth at them. In a cruel voice, it demanded, “Who dares enter my den? What fools challenge my pack?”

            The beast was huge, loaming above all of their heads. The wolfos’s yellow eyes bore into Link as it searched them. The eyes returned to him. The wolfos took a step towards him. It said, “She warned me about you. But she didn’t say you would be so…wild…”

            Bruce whispered, “Link, what is it saying?”

            The wolfos turned its head turned towards Bruce. A wicked grin crossed its face. “Such interesting choices in companions. Wouldn’t you rather someone more like you?”

            Link gripped his sword a little tighter. He replied to Bruce, “It’s asking for a fight.”

            In an instant, the grin vanished. The wolfos growled. Another voice spoke, “Now settle down, big boy.”

            Zeal ran her hand through the wolfos’s fur. The growl faded as Zeal took a few steps closer. Bruce grumbled, “Her I can understand.”

            “You recovered quickly.

            The Drex frowned, before her smile reappeared. “I think you missed the point of that little battle, my dear. If you think it was some kind of test of strength, then you are sorely mistaken. No, I had another purpose for that battle. There aren’t a lot of things that can open the Dark World after all.”

            “Are you saying it was a trick?

            “No wonder you don’t have the Triforce of Wisdom, sweetie,” Zeal baited. “I think even the Hero here had figured that one out.”

            Link twisted his sword in his hand. He wanted another shot at this Drex. Zeal smiled, her perfect smile perfectly evil. She said, “Oh, there’s something I like: A vengeful warrior. Come on then, Hero, let’s see your wild side. Because you know it now, don’t you? Underneath all that, you’re little more than an animal. And doesn’t the darkness just bring it out so nicely? Why hide it?”

            Freya shouted, “Shut up, you meanie! You have no idea who Link is.”

            Zeal’s head snapped towards the anouki. Bruce put himself between Zeal and Freya. Link watched and waited for the Drex to do something, but nothing happened. Nothing he could see. Freya grimaced behind him, and he thought he heard her whimper. He exclaimed, “Enough!”

            The Drex leaned back on her heels. She sighed. “Very well.” With a snap of her fingers, Zeal vanished, and the wolfos returned its attention to the group. Its ears pressed back against its head as it began to stalk towards them.

            Link swung his sword, without really thinking. A wound opened on the wolfos’s face, before it closed again. The snarl expanded on the wolfos’s jowl. Link backed up and pulled out his lantern. The flame flickered in the iron cage. The wolfos took a cautious step back, before pacing by Link.

            He didn’t wait, he just acted. His lantern cut through the wolfos with is mild flames. The snow shattered into dozens of little pieces. White wolfoses skid across the ice, stumbling over themselves to get away from Link and his fire.

            Hack and slash commenced. Bruce and Link made short work of any wolfos that came close to them. Freya charged anything that got close to her.