Overworld Chapter 24 - A Medic In Fort Lanayru

…in search of a medic. It wasn’t hard, in the end. The medics were the only ones still awake. Link raced up to one of them, saying, “I need your help. My friend’s dying.”

            The medic replied, “A lot of people are dying here. We’ve just been attacked by-”

            “An underling of the Demon Lord, I know. I just fought her,” Link replied. “My friend is going to die. You have to save her.”

            The medic looked him up and down. “You fought his underling? How did you survive?”

            Link held his sword up to the medic. “For a medic, you’re not very observant.”

            “You’re…you’re…the…” the medic stammered.

            “Yes, the Hero, now come on!” Link shouted, started to get extremely frustrated. “If my friend dies, than the Demon Lord gets stronger. She’s got part of the Triforce, and-”

            “The Princess is here!” the medic replied.

            Link started, “Yes, but-”

            “Why didn’t you say that, son?! Come on, lead the way,” the medic returned.

            With a sigh, Link led the medic to where Zelda and Endeavor was. Zelda hurried to explain the situation to the medic, who hardly seemed to understand what any of them where talking about. Another Triforce was more than he could wrap his head around. Regardless of whether or not he understood though, he did help Endeavor.

            The medic did what he could, but he wasn’t trained enough to help with Endeavor’s wounds. They moved her inside, where he gave her some medicine and tended her wounds as best he could. The medic said, “Your friend needs a more skilled doctor than myself. I can call for the Gerudo shaman in Sandsought, unless she would have some objection to that kind of treatment.”

            “She’s dying, she can deal with it,” Zelda retorted.

            “Very well,” the medic said. He walked off to send a message.

            The shaman arrived late in the evening and finished hours passed midnight. Link left the building after a while, worry overcoming him. Journey and Yore watched patiently as their master struggled to breathe. It was a tense night.

            Zelda came outside and sat with him. She asked, “Are you ok?”

            Link sighed, and nodded. “Yeah…”

            “She’s going to be ok,” Zelda said with a smile.

            “I know…”

            Zelda looked away from him, and looked up at the stars. She said, “You can’t see all these from the Castle…” She smiled, leaning into Link, probably without realizing it.

            Link turned to look at her as she leaned against him. He looked up to hide his blush. “I guess so…you can see them in Eveningale.”

            “Really?” Zelda asked. “That must be beautiful.” There was a long silence. Eventually, Zelda asked, “Do you miss your home? Even after what Zeal said to you?”

            “Yes,” Link answered. “It’s my home, and it’s where I’m from. It doesn’t need to be a palace or an empire for me to care about it and miss it.” He asked, “Do you miss yours?”