The Legend, Revised

…and how this world truly began.”

            Before any of the Goddesses came to this world, the five Sister Goddesses resided in their heavenly plain. Most powerful of the Goddesses were the two Platinum Goddesses: Hylia, the youngest, and Reechka, the eldest. With Their power, They oversaw all that was.

            Din, the Goddess of Power, came one day with the Goddesses Nayru and Farore, and asked if They could create a world of their own. But in order to do so, the three Silver Goddesses would need more power than what They already possessed.

            Hylia, always youthful and ready for adventure, said yes without a moment of hesitation. Reechka, eternally wanting to make Her younger sister happy, said yes as well.

            With that, Reechka and Hylia gave Their power and turned the three Goddesses into the Golden Goddesses. Hylia went with them to this new world, and Reechka joined Her sister to ensure she would be safe.

            The tale of creation is from there true. Din created the red earth. Nayru gave order to the world. Farore then created all life on the world. They left in the end after leaving the Triforce in Hylia’s protection. Hylia vowed to guard the relic with Her life.

            Still looking after Her sister, Reechka remained, watching from the shadows. Hylia was loved by the people of this new world. She protected them the best She could, but even the Goddesses could not foresee the mishap that occurred.

            First, in silence, a dark mage began creating creatures, dark monsters that wanted blood. The mage’s mind was dark and bent on commanding this world. Thus, he began his quest to seize the Triforce from Hylia.

            Before long, the mage was consumed by his quest and dared go to Hylia's temple. When he reached the steps of Hylia’s temple, he found a lone warrior standing on the step. A slender blade hung across the warrior hip, their hand resting on the hilt. The mage stopped and looked at the warrior, laughing to himself.

            A hood covered the warrior’s head, they asked, “Who are you, to approach the temple of Hylia, with such ill will in your heart?”

            The mage stopped, curious how this warrior had pierced his mind to easily. Still, he continued forward. The warrior’s words stopped him again, “Your ambition will be your ultimate demise. Take another step towards this place and you will understand my words.”

            “And who threatens me so openly?” the mage asked.

            The hood fell back. In all Her glory, Reechka stood. Her sword shone as she drew it, no finer piece crafted at the time to compare it to. She said clearly, “You know who I am already, though you do not know my name.” With that, She drove Her sword into his head. The explosion of magic was so great, it permanently transformed the mage into a monster. A white scar ran down his forehead, making forever where he had been wounded.

            But the mage was not the only one wounded by the battle. Reechka was forced to retreat from the battle, Her energy spent. Reechka went to Her sister and told Her Demise’s intent.

Reechka told Her sister She must do away with this threat or Her people would see no end to his terror. Hylia promised Her sister She would not allow Demise to gain the Triforce. Convinced that Hylia would let no harm come to Her people, Reechka left the war in Her sister’s hands so that She may heal from Her battle with Demise.

            Even before Hylia joined the ranks of the war, Hylia’s people vowed to defend Her land with their lives. The humans were led by a tall knight of their realm, and when Hylia approached their army for the first time, he did not fear Her. Hylia was impressed by this young knight and his bravery to question even the Goddesses.

            It was this knight whom Hylia decided to put Her faith into. She crafted a blade, its hilt purple in honor of Her sister, and gave it to the knight. She asked him to travel to Her sisters’ shrines and bath it in the fire of Their temples. The knight traveled with the divine blade to the temples, rallying the many races as he went to fight for the Goddess Hylia.

            When at last the blade was done with its pilgrimage, the knight returned it to Hylia. Using it, She cut the earth with the blade so that the human kingdom would survive, and Her knight. She sent it skyward, where She knew Demise could not yet reach. But She found that Her knight had fallen in battle. In love with him, Hylia felt at a loss. In Her pain, She did what only seemed right to her.

            The blade She sent to the humans in the sky. Then, with the rest of Her divine power, She set about ensuring that the knight would one day regain that sword. And that She would be there to guide him.

            Her power lessened, She went to face Demise. She imprisoned him, but She knew he would escape one day. And She and her Hero would be waiting to fight him then. With that thought, Hylia surrendered Her title of Goddess.

            Reechka claimed Hylia’s power for Her own, not wising any of Demise’s remaining minions to take it for their own. Upon taking it, there was a flash of light. With that, Reechka became a Golden Goddess as well. In her hand sat a bright orb of radiant light. From it came the same kind of energy that each piece of the Triforce possessed.

            The three Golden Goddesses returned to Their world to see this. Reechka was there to greet Them. Without much thought, Din accused Reechka of taking the power to become more powerful than Them. She said Reechka must be punished for this action.

            Reechka, still morning from the loss of Her sister, was taking aback. She tried to explain the events, but Din would not allow a word.

            Finally, after eons of fighting, and after Demise’s final curse had been cast, Din determined that the right punishment for Reechka would be banishment. All three of the Goddesses sent Reechka into exile from the land now known as Hyrule.

            It was great folly to do this. When Reechka left, time splintered. The Goddesses tried to control the path the Hero would take, but Their plans where not followed. Time split into three courses. The Goddesses no longer knew what to do, and struggled to ensure that the Hero would keep the returning versions of Demise from fully returning in all three of the new courses of time.

            Reechka saw the Hero many times. She thought at first to punish him, for his obedience only to the three Goddesses he knew about. But She remembered the love Her sister had for him and could not. She helped him in his ventures to Holodrum, to Labrynna, to Termina, and to many farther places in the world, and ensured his safe return to Hyrule when She could.

            In Their struggle to keep Demise at bay, the Goddesses’ spell weakened to keep Reechka exiled. They had forgotten Her though, and did not worry about restoring it.

            Reechka did, and slowly, She returned to Hyrule. Once She came back, time was one once more. Reechka could no longer be exiled. The Goddesses dared not try it again. No, because the moment Reechka returned, a babe had been born with a Triforce on the back of her hand. She bore the mark of Reechka.

            Even worse, it meant Demise had returned once more to Hyrule…