Overworld Chapter 29 - Glenwood

…as he went further into the building. An anouki was in the house. The sprite-like, horned creature was reaching for a shelf above them. Link walked up, and asked, “Can I help?”

            The anouki jumped and turned around, grabbing her heart. “You scared me.” She let go of her chest, and went back to trying to grab the object. Link started to ask again when the anouki grabbed the object she was after. She turned back around, saying, “You’re one of those people the chief brought back with him, aren’t you?”

            Link replied, “Yes.”

            “How’s your friend?” the anouki asked.

            “He’s asleep,” Link said. “But the chief said he was fine when he woke up.”

            The anouki walked over to the stove. “I would say so. He ate almost a whole pot of the chief’s soup. I was worried he would get sick, but it's good to know he's just asleep.” She handed Link the object she had been reaching for. It was a bowl of piping hot soup. She said, “I’m Freya, by the way. I’m the chief’s daughter.”

            “But you’re…” Link started.

            Freya replied “He saved me from off the side of the mountain, just like he did with you and your friend. I suppose that makes it adoptive then, but the chief doesn’t have any family of his own anymore. The first storm took them away from him…the storm that appeared when he came back…”

            Link set the bowl of soup down and said, “You don’t have to talk about it.”

            The anouki smiled back at him. “You’re nice. I wish things weren’t like they were right now.”

            “I’d like to solve that,” Link replied. “But I can’t get to the Water Temple.”

            “The Water Temple?” Freya asked. “You don’t mean you’re a sage or something?”

            “No,” Link replied with a small smile.

            “You’re the Hero!” Freya exclaimed. “Then you can do something about this! The chief has to do something to help you and your friend then. If you could get to the temple, then you could stop the storm.”

            Link said, “The chief doesn’t seem to see it the same way…”

            Freya said, “Well then we have to make him see it that way. I know he’s got something that could help you. I’ve seen it in the Big Hall. Come on. We’ve got to get to the Big Hall and talk some sense into him.”

            The anouki sprung up on Link’s back. Link looked back at her. She said, “I’ll slow us down. So, I’ll tell you where to go as long as you do the running. Come on!”

            Under Freya’s directions, Link left the building and went out into Glenwood. It was brisk out, but nothing like the weather on the side of the mountain. It was an open village, filled with thin trees that reminded Link if birches, but they were smaller. Their leaves were a burst of orange and yellow as autumn was creeping in. The homes and shops around the village were in the shape of domes and made from wood. They were all huge buildings, large enough for the yetis to enter.

             The largest building was the one Freya was directing him towards. It backed up into the mountain. As they got close to it, Freya jumped off Link’s back. She shouted, “Come on!”