100. Broke.

"Daryl's gonna kill me," Isabella paced back and forth, her head in her hands.

"I'll give you a boost and then you can pull me out," Henry suggested and Isabella tucked her hair behind her ears, nodding. Henry got down on one knee and held out his hand, which Isabella used to stand on and push herself up.

"Yes! We're doing this!" She celebrated and then kneeled down next to the hole, grabbing onto Henry's hands, which she definitely enjoyed, and trying to pull him out. He wasn't even trying himself, he was just drunk. He ended up pulling Isabella back in.

He burst out laughing, pointing at her on the floor.

Isabella stood up and pushed him back by his shoulders. "Are you kidding me?" She tried to sound stern, but ended up laughing.

Isabella and Henry ended up getting found by Earl, who dragged them back to the Hilltop. Isabella sat outside of Henry's cell, since she didn't get put in one.

"I think we're in trouble," Isabella mumbled as some footsteps came down the stairs leading down to the cellar.

"He throw up on a pig," Earl said. Yep, he did.

"And then my boots," Tara added. Isabella also saw that.

"Sorry about that," Henry mumbled, rubbing his forehead with his arm.

Tara folded her arms. "Good. I have too much to worry about tonight. And I loved those boots."

"Why didn't you lock me up?" Isabella asked her, looking up from her seat on the floor.

"Because you're not drunk...and Daryl sort of scares me when he's mad. I'm going back to bed," Tara told them, making Isabella laugh a little. Then, Tara left the room. Earl just shook his head at Henry and followed her.

Isabella stayed.

"Can you unlock the door?" Henry groaned.

"I can't. Tara will yell at me," Isabella shook her head. She still didn't like people yelling at her. It still made her cry and yell back louder.

Henry rubbed his eyes. "Yeah. Yeah."

"Isabella," Freddie appeared at the bottom of the stairs. Isabella looked up at him and Henry stood up from the bed, moving closer to the cell door. "Daryl's back."

"Oh, okay. Thanks," Isabella mumbled and stood up. She accidentally knocked the keys off the hook and then walked up the stairs, following behind Freddie. Once they reached the top, Isabella started following him around the side of Barrington house. "Are you o-?" She was cut off by something hitting her in the ribs.

She let out a cry of pain as she clutched her ribs, looking up and seeing Gage. Freddie stood behind him.

"You think you can," Gage kicked her in the face, directly on the left side of her jaw, "ruin our fun like that? Huh?!"

"I'm sor-!"

Another kick to her ribs.

"Please! I'm sorry!" She begged as Gage leaned over her, a knife in his hand. "Please!"

Suddenly, Gage was pushed to the floor and Henry now stood over Isabella who was crying out in pain. She'd been back for a day and already gotten attacked. She hadn't even done anything wrong. "You best go before I get Rosita over here."

Quickly, Gage and Freddie both scurried off.

Isabella wanted Daryl to come home. That's all she wanted. Enid had finished cleaning her up in the infirmary, confirming that she had a broken rib and would need to be very careful for the next few weeks. She also had a pretty big bruise on her jaw.

"I'm gonna kill Freddie," Henry mumbled, tapping his finger against Isabella's bed that she rested on in the infirmary. He had gotten out of the cell using the keys once he heard Isabella screaming.

"It wasn't him," Isabella rasped. "It was Gage."

"He led you up there and just watched. He's an asshole," Henry shook his head, then looked at Isabella, taking on a softer tone of voice. "You want to go to a room in the house?"

"No," Isabella shook her head, her eyes refilling with tears. "I can't. They're gonna be out there waiting and they're gonna do it again," she panicked, spilling out all of her thoughts at once. For the past six years, she had Dog that she'd cry on when she was upset, which wasn't very often since it was just her and Daryl out there, but Dog was out with Daryl at the moment.

"Okay, okay," Henry tried to calm her down by putting a hand on her arm. "We can stay in here until you wanna go, okay?" He offered and Isabella nodded. He said we, that means he's not gonna leave her on her own.

Henry shook his head and sighed. "I can't believe he'd do something like that. You guys were inseparable six years ago."

Isabella shook her head. "It's fine."

"You're beaten and bruised, that's fine to you?" Henry snapped out of frustration.

No, that wasn't okay. Daryl had taught Isabella that it wasn't okay for anybody to hurt her like that.

"No," Isabella shook her head.

"Hey," Daryl stroked the top of Isabella's hair. "Hey. Wake up."

Isabella slowly opened her eyes and saw that Henry must've fallen asleep in the chair next to her.

"What happened?" Daryl mumbled, turning her chin towards him so he could see her jaw.

"Nothing," Isabella shook her head.

"Nothin'? That don't look like nothin'," Daryl raised his eyebrows. He must've known.

Isabella pulled her chin away from him. "Just Gage being stupid."

"He hurt you?" Daryl asked her.

Isabella just shrugged, she felt bad saying yes, but Gage did hurt her. Freddie hurt her more though.

Daryl looked down. "Listen, we lost- we lost Jesus out there," he mumbled.

Isabella's eyes went wide. Jesus was dead? That was just another person to add onto the never-ending list of dead people.

Daryl pulled her in for a hug, seeing her shock, but she pulled back, hissing through her teeth from pain.

"You a'right?"

Isabella shook her head. "I fell. Enid said I broke a rib."

Daryl pinched his eyebrows together. He definitely knew. He could always tell when Isabella was lying, not everyone else could, but he always could.

—————————————————

sorry if this chapter was bad and cringy LMAO

i promise Freddie will be redeemed

please leave a vote and a comment! it gives me motivation and I always appreciate it! thank you! <3

I revealed Ivory's older fc on my tiktok!!!

ALMOST 70K READS!?!? THANK YOU ALL SM!!! <3