35. Just cuts and dings.

Isabella placed her tiger on her knee and grabbed a bottle of water. "Do you want some water, Tiger?"

"Isabella, you dare waste our water on that damn stuffed toy and I'll throw it out the window." Abraham raised his eyebrows, looking back at her in the rear-view mirror. Glenn, Maggie, Tara and Rosita all stifled a laugh, but Eugene just looked deadly serious.

"It's getting a little messy for you." Rosita said as she played with Abraham's hair.

"Gettin' ready for retirement. Relaxin' the grooming standards. Thinkin' about becomin' a plumber, a sheepherder or something." Abraham said with a grin on his face.

"You ain't herding sheep now, Abraham. Eyes on the prize." Rosita said, still twirling her boyfriend's hair.

"Damn right." Abraham chuckled back. "That's my girl."

"I'll cut it for you tonight." Rosita laughed and hit Abraham's arm softly.

"Yes ma'am." Abraham smiled.

Tara turned to Eugene and joked. "Hey, maybe Rosita can give you a trim while she's at it. Party's getting a little long in the back."

"I think he looks like a unicorn." Isabella smiled and leaned over the back of Tara's seat.

"Is it your source of power?" Tara grinned.

"I ain't slaying a lion anytime soon. I wouldn't be placing any wagers on seeing me dispatch thousand of Philistines with the jawbone of an ass." Eugene said, not even cracking the tiniest smile.

"Oh, so you'll just settle on saving the world, right?" Tara spoke, still grinning.

"Yeah." Eugene croaked.

"What's wrong?" Isabella asked him. "Yesterday?"

"Nope." He didn't even look at her, but then took a moment. "Yes, that and tomorrow. And I'm thinking about that preacher, what he did."

They kept on driving for a while, Abraham playing the same CD over an over again.

"Do we have any other music?" Isabella groaned.

"Yeah." Abraham chuckled. "I just like this one."

"Maybe Daryl and Carol came back." Isabella overheard Maggie talking to Glenn, and her heart sunk. She was trying to hard to forget how she didn't even know where he was, the truth was, she just wanted to prove herself to him, and if that meant putting her ass on the line to save the world, then so be it.

"They'll catch up." Glenn nodded. "We're clearing the way for them."

"How long will it be?" Maggie asked Eugene. "After you get on that terminal and do what you have to do?

"Depends on a number of factors including density of the infected around target sites worldwide." Eugene said, even though Isabella barely understood a word he said in that sentence.

"Wait, target sites?" Glenn questioned. "Are you talking about missiles?"

"That's classified." Eugene said.

"Why is everything classified with you? What does that even mean?!" Isabella snapped, the stress of not knowing of Daryl was okay or not building up inside of her.

"The definition of classified-" Eugene began but Isabella quickly shouted at him.

"Shut up! I don't care! It just means you won't tell us." She huffed and crosses her arms over her chest.

"Basically, yes." Eugene replied, but Isabella just ignored him.

"I thought we were over that stuff." Glenn sighed.