43. Alexandria.

"Hey sleepyhead, get up." Daryl nudged a sleeping Isabella. "C'mon, get movin'."

Isabella groaned. "What?"

"We're goin' now, c'mon, girl." Daryl continued to pester the tired girl and tapped her arm.

Isabella sat up and grabbed her bag, then they got up and got into the RV. Eric was asleep in the bed with Aaron watching over him, and some of the others followed behind the RV in Eric's car. Noah came over and sat next to Isabella, they had never really spoke before. Isabella hadn't spoke to many people after Beth, neither had Noah.

"Beth talked a lot about you." Noah sighed. "She said you were like her little sister, she really loved you."

Isabella looked down. "I lost the stuffed tiger she gave to me."

Noah rolled his eyes playfully. "Psh, it was Beth, you really think she'd care that much about a stuffed toy? No, she'd care about you."

Isabella smiled despite the tears that were welling up in her eyes and nodded. "Yeah. She would've."

"How much longer we got left?" Abraham asked from the drivers seat and Rosita looked at the map.

"Little over half-way, why?" Rosita asked and Abraham smiled.

"We can make it...we can make it." He said, making everyone else in the RV smile.

They didn't make it. They were back on the side of the road, once again.

"Ever heard of false hope, Abe?" Isabella rolled her eyes from her spot on the floor.

"Shut up." Abraham grumbled and then slammed the hood of the RV. "Can't win. Might as well paint it red, put a ladder on it."

Isabella, Rosita and Tara all shared a glance, thinking about the fire truck and then looked down to hide their giggles.

"All we need is another battery." Glenn spoke up.

"Where the hell're we gonna find another battery?" Abraham snapped back.

"Right over here." Glenn said, and then walked around the other side of the RV where he was out of view.

They all got back in the RV and car after a few moments and soon enough, they were pulling up to the gates of Alexandria. They were tall, rusty-looking metal gates, but they were sure as hell safe.

They all got out of the RV and there was the sound of people laughing and cheering. People who were happy and without a care in the world.

Isabella stood by Daryl. Together, here, they could be a family. Just like they'd both dreamed of.

They were all walking towards the gates when there was some rattling next to them. By instinct, they all pulled their weapons and pointed them towards the noise.

Isabella looked down and smiled. "Aw, it's a little ferret-"

She was cut off by it squealing when a bolt went through its side, she turned up to Daryl in horror, who just picked it up and held it up to the man who opened the gates. "We brought dinner."

The other man just stood there, completely lost, so Aaron reassured him. "It's okay. Come on in, guys."

They all started to walk inside, looking around at the houses and all the greenery. Everything was alive, nothing was dead here.

"Before we take this any further-" The man by the gates spoke.

"Theo!" A voice came from down the street, they all turned to look, and Theo's eyes welled up with tears.