62. Something wrong.

Isabella and Carl were both downstairs eating a bowl of cereal at the kitchen island. Rick had made it for them, probably because Rick couldn't be bothered to make anything better than a bowl of Fruit Loops. Rick had gone back upstairs, Carl said that he wanted to spend some time with Michonne.

"I'm goin' out, I'll see you when I get back," Daryl came downstairs, putting his vest on and planting a quick kiss on the back of Isabella's head.

Isabella spun around on her chair. "Where?"

"It don't matter, just a quick run, 'kay?" Daryl nodded and picked up his bag.

Isabella sighed but nodded back. "'kay."

Glenn came through the door. "Daryl, you ready?"

Isabella looked around again. "You're going too? Who do I go to if I need something then?"

"Abe," Daryl told her.

Isabella nodded and hopped down from her chair, she always gave people a hug before they left just incase something happened to them.

Glenn chuckled and hugged her back. "I'll see you later, Bye, Bells,"

"Bye, Glenn," Isabella smiled and returned to eating her Fruit Loops, Glenn had gotten them off a supply run.

About thirty minutes later, Tobin walked in and handed Rick a note. Rick opened it and then grabbed his jacket and stormed outside.

Judith started to cry from her spot on the couch, so Carl tended to her. But Isabella followed Rick, she wanted to know what was going on.

"What time did she leave? Do you know what she took?" Rick shot his questions at at Tobin like bullets.

"Some time in the night. I never heard her go, but she made a bunch of food, you know. She took her pack, one of my coats-" Tobin spoke rapidly, trying to explain the situation.

Isabella furrowed her eyebrows, who were they talking about. Michonne and Rosita went with Glenn and Daryl, so it couldn't be them. Maggie and Sasha were still here, and Tara was out on that two-week run.

Tobin and Rick reached the other crowd of people, Morgan, Sasha, Abraham and a couple of others at the gate. "Rick, I took over at twelve, I was on till six. I never saw anything," Sasha told him.

"Front's been quiet since the others left," Abraham told him.

"Who are we talking about? Can someone catch me up, please?" Isabella rolled her eyes. She was always out of the loop somehow.

"Carol left," Sasha told her. Freddie. Oh no, Freddie. He'd just lost his mom and brothers, and now Carol had left him.

"What? Who left earlier?" Rick snarled.

"Daryl. He went ICBM after the Saviors from yesterday. Glenn, Michonne, Rosita, they all went to shut that shit down," Abraham explained and Rick put his head in his hands.

It was a funny simile, but Rick was kind of like a father to the entire group who couldn't keep his kids under control.

"Where's the other car?" Tobin asked. "We added two more cars yesterday. One of them's missing, the one we put right between those houses."

"You can barely see between the houses from up top, especially at night," Abraham breathed out and shook his head.

Morgan asked for the note and Rick gave it to him, then Rick turned to Sasha and Abraham. "You never saw any headlights? Taillights? She's smart enough to cover her tracks."

Damn right, Carol was smart enough to do pretty much anything.

"She must've left during the shift change," Sasha rubbed her eyes. Even though Carol was a pain in the ass sometimes, she was smart as anything.

Morgan started to walk back down the street and Rick turned to him. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to go find her," Morgan called back and continued walking.

"Wait," Rick called out, then turned to Isabella. "Tell Carl I'll be back soon. No one else leaves."

Rick jogged over to the car where Morgan was and got in, then Tobin opened the gates and they speeded out of there.

Isabella was about to walk away, but then she noticed two new names painted on the wall.

MAEVE
THEO

Her heart sunk. She turned to Abraham, tears in her eyes. "Why- why are Theo and Maeve up there?"

"Honey..." He kneeled down in front of her.

"Are they dead? No- no-" Isabella shook her head. "What? How? They- they were fine-"

"When the Saviors started shooting, they got caught up in it," Abraham explained softly.

Isabella shook her head. "Why did nobody tell me? Why would you keep that from me?" She sobbed.

Abraham sighed and looked down. "You had a hard day..."

"That doesn't mean you don't get to tell me if my friends are dead!" Isabella yelled and pushed his shoulders.

"Hey- Isabella-" Abraham tried, but it was no use.

"Why didn't you tell me?! I hate you! I hate you all!" Isabella yelled before storming away. She didn't hate him, she didn't hate any of them. She loved them, she was just mad at them.

Isabella walked back into the house and Enid was giving Maggie a haircut.

Isabella wiped her tears and smiled. "It looks good, Mags,"

Enid nodded in agreement. "Oh yeah, it's super good. I'm gonna be the one and only Alexandrian hairdresser, I take payments in chocolate."

"Would you not take payments in kisses from Carl? I'm sure he'd be happy to give 'em to you," Isabella hopped up and sat on the table in front of Maggie.

"Ew, gross," Enid mumbled, but her face turned red. She did like Carl, and Carl liked her back. They were both just teenagers who were too shy to say anything to each other, though.

"I like it," Enid said as she passed Maggie the mirror. Her hair was short now, a lot shorter than it was before. "But why?"

"I have to keep going...and I don't want anything getting in my way," Maggie smiled at her reflection for a moment, then she slowly wrapped an arm around her stomach.

"Man, did I cut it too short? I- I only used to cut my dad's," Enid mumbled, panicking over if Maggie liked her haircut or not.

"No, it's not that," Maggie breathed as she rubbed her stomach.

"Maggie?" Isabella got down off the table. Just as she did, Maggie dropped the mirror and let out a cry of pain.

Isabella and Enid kept on repeating Maggie's name as the woman dropped to the floor, groaning and screaming.

Isabella shot up and ran outside, looking for someone, anyone. "Sasha! There's something wrong!"

————————————————————————

the way I sobbed bc that was Isabella and Glenn's last scene together. He got her fruit loops, if anyone noticed that.

please leave a vote and a comment of what you thought of the chapter! it gives me motivation and I always appreciate it! thank you! <3

i also decided to kill of Theo and Maeve because they weren't really doing much and I kept on forgetting to write them in (as you probably noticed) :(

I'm gonna be making either a stranger things fanfic or a TLOU one because I was struggling to write two TWD fanfics at once 😭