30. New arrivals.

"After this all started, after I realised I'd never see my family, my friends again...I was numb. All day long, just numb. I'm just saying I get it." Glenn spoke reassuringly to Tara.

"When Brian told us he wanted to take over the prison, I knew it sounded bad. When I found my girlfriend, she was dead.  My niece. My sister, she was surrounded, pounced on. I saw it happen. But still, it wasn't as bad as seeing what he did to Maggie's father." Tara explained, her voice breaking as she tried not to cry. "Because that's when I knew. That second the sword. I wanted to scream 'no' but it just happened."

"Stop." Theo told her, the image of Hershel's death playing in his mind once again.

"Brian said we might have to kill people. I was the first to jump in. I was just hanging on the 'might'." Tara said softly, walking ahead.

They continued to walk until they came to a pile of rocks which completely covered the entire tunnel, blocking their whole path. There was walkers trapped in it, reaching their arms out to try and grab the four humans which stood in front of them.

"The blood is still wet." Theo told Glenn. "This happened today."

Glenn held the flashlight up to where there was a hole in the ceiling. "Hold this." He said, passing the flashlight to Tara.

After adjusting his backpack and getting his knife ready, Glenn took the flashlight back and walked down the middle of the collapse, stabbing the walkers in the head.

"Be careful." Isabella whispered, Theo and Tara both pushed her up, helping her to climb over the wreckage first. Glenn coming behind her, then Theo, then Tara. There was a whole bunch of walkers waiting on the other side and Glenn frantically looked to see if he could find Maggie in there, or Sasha or Bob. They all stood on the top of the rocks, praying to God that they would hold.

"Glenn, what are you doing?" Tara whispered.

"She's not one of them." Glenn said back, sounding more relieved than ever.

"What?" Theo asked.

"There's no bodies on the ground. That means Maggie made it through...She made it through." Glenn mumbled. "We have to get rid of them." He said, looking at the walkers.

"We don't have enough ammo." Tara pointed out.

"Then we'll push through." Glenn said back, more harshly.

"Bells is injured." Theo reminded him.

"We have to find another way." Tara tried to reason. So, they climbed back over the other side, where all the walkers were trapped and tried to distract the walkers while the slipped past.

Isabella, Theo and Glenn got past with no problem, but there was a loud thud and a gasp from Tara, making the three of them turn around.

"Tara. What is it? What is it?" Glenn asked, his tone frantic and desperate.

Glenn and Theo both tried to pull on the rock that trapped Tara's leg, but it wasn't budging at all.

"Get up. Get up." Theo said, adjusting Tara's position to see if the rock was any easier to move, but it wasn't.

"Go. Go." Tara said to the other three.

"We're not leaving you!" Isabella told her, because that just wasn't right, it wasn't human.

"Go find Maggie." Tara nodded to Glenn breathlessly.

"No, no." Glenn told her.

"You can't save me." Tara said through tears as the two men still tried to move the rock with all their strength. "Even if you got this off me, I can't run. And if you help me, they're gonna get all four of us."