9. To protect her.

Carl walked back through the back of the cell block, kicking the door open. He had the duffel bag slung over his shoulder and he was carrying an unconscious Isabella bridal style.

"Oh my god..." Glenn muttered before rushing towards Carl and Isabella, taking Isabella out of his arms and laying her on the floor. He brushed her hair out of the way and inspected the gash on her head, the blood trickling down causing a red streak in her blonde hair. "What happened?! I thought you said you were organising the food?!" Glenn accused Carl.

Carl just ignored Glenn and walked to the cell where Beth, Lori, Maggie and Carol were tending to a still unconscious Hershel. "Check it out." He said as he dropped the bag.

All of them let out a gasp and started to rummage through the bag. "Where did you get this?" Lori asked him.

"From the infirmary." Carl said confidently, a smug look on his face. "Wasn't much left, but we cleared it out."

Carol began to wrap Hershel's leg in some gauze.

"We? Who else?" Lori asked.

"Isabella." Carl told her.

"Is she okay?" Lori asked, since Isabella was nowhere to be seen.

Just as Carl was about to respond, Glenn butted in from outside the cell. "No, she's hit her head, Carl what happened?" Glenn asked and Maggie's head snapped up.

"Her jeans got caught, I was holding off the walkers while she packed the back and the shelving fell on top of her." Carl said. "I carried her back though, don't worry."

Glenn sighed and shook his head, taking an unused towel and pressing it to the side of Isabella's head.

"Are you crazy?" Lori whispered, still tending to Hershel but lecturing her son.

"No big deal. I killed like twenty of the suckers." He tried to reassure her.

"You put both of you and Isabella in danger, Carl." Lori continued.

"Alright...do you see this? This was with the whole group." Lori emphasised, gesturing to Hershel.

"We needed supplies, so I got them!" Carl shouted at his mother.

Lori raised her voice. "I appreciate that, but.."

"Then get off my back!" Carl yelled.

"Carl!" Beth looked up at him. "She's your mother you can't talk to her like that.." she told him.

"Listen..I think it's great that you wanna help..." Lori began but Carl ran out of the room.

Glenn sighed again, the bleeding on Isabella's head was slowing down. From what he could see, the cut wasn't deep, but from the bruise, it was a harsh hit. Glenn picked her up and took her to her own cell, sitting by her and holding the towel there.

After the bleeding had fully stopped again, he put one hand on her back and the other under her knees. He wanted to be with Hershel incase anything we're to happen, but he knew he couldn't leave Isabella on her own. So he picked her up, adjusting her head to it rested comfortably on his shoulder and held her there as he stood in the doorway of Hershel's cell.

"How's she doing?" Maggie asked softly, stroking Isabella's hair gently.

"She's better, the bleeding stopped. How's he doing?" Glenn asked Maggie.

Maggie nodded. "Better..more stable than before."

Carol glanced at Lori before looking at Glenn. "I need your help with something." She whispered.