36. A coward.

Isabella woke up the next morning with the only other person awake being Rosita on watch. "Morning." Isabella smiled.

"Morning." Rosita smiled back at her, then turned back to look out of the window.

"Is everyone else still asleep?" Isabella asked, and Rosita replied with a simple nod. "All right then, I'm gonna go look at the books."

And with that, the young girl walked off to look at the books. She was looking for picture books mainly, she couldn't read because of how early she was into her education before the apocalypse broke out. She could read certain words and write certain words, like her name and a few others names. When Daryl asked her to spell his name at the prison, she just kept on writing Darly and insisting that it was correct.

Tara suddenly poked her head around the corner. "Whatcha doing?" She asked in a tone that was meant to scare Isabella.

"Jesus-" Isabella jumped and looked at her. "Looking for books."

Tara smiled softly and nodded her head towards where the others were. "Gotta get moving." 

Isabella followed Tara into the open area, Maggie and Eugene walking slightly infront of them.

"This town isn't in bad shape." Maggie chimed as she took a seat on one of the black leather chairs. Isabella took the corner seat, between Maggie and Eugene. "This store wasn't even touched...We could make a good base here. We could spend one last day doing a sweep for supplies."

Glenn got up and stood in the doorway, listening to the conversation while the others all sat around.

"We'll sweep as we go." Rosita said "We've done it since Houston. We're not stopping now."

Abraham nodded. "You heard the lady. We're taking it north."

Isabella wanted to go back to the church. She didn't even know if Daryl was there, but she knew there was no chance of him finding her here. At least if she was at the church, there was a chance.

"We tapped out the toilet. Broad River is five miles west. At the very least, we stock up there before we find wheels." Tara said.

"We got a vehicle." Abraham got up from his seat. "And it just so happens...it's got five hundred gallons of water on it." The man smiled as he opened a small flap in the cardboard covers they'd used for the windows, revealing a fire engine.

They all left the book store and headed over to the fire engine, putting their supplies in compartments and scoping it out.

"Could've done with something like this when the bus set on fire." Isabella remarked with a roll of her eyes, making Glenn chuckle.

"Damn right."

Abraham got up into the drivers seat and Eugene got into the passengers seat, Glenn leaning on the door while Abraham tried to start the engine up, it didn't work for a moment, but then it started up, making Glenn and Abraham laugh from excitement.

Isabella, Rosita, Tara, Maggie and Glenn all got in the back of the truck.

He drove little bit forward, but then the truck stopped again. "Come on...One damn time!" Abraham cursed.

They all got out and Isabella stood there, silently and awkwardly.

"We'll find another ride." Glenn sighed.

"If there was a ride worth a shit in this town, we'd have seen it. This things done some crowd clearing. Right up into the intake. Which means we've got an air filter filled with damn human remains." Abraham breathed out.