52. Easy peasy.

Isabella couldn't seem to calm down, no matter how long she sat there and took deep breathes. No matter who came back to the house and tried to speak to her, she couldn't calm down.

But there was one person who could calm her down; Beth. Beth could calm her down, right? She could braid her hair, and they could talk about stuffed animals.

No, no. Beth was gone.

T-Dog, Lori, Andrea, Hershel, Beth, Bob and Tyreese. They were all gone.

Why the hell did Isabella forget that?

She sat on the couch, tapping her finger against the fabric until she thought of something else that might help her take her mind off the thought if Daryl was coming back or not. Judith. Judith always kept Isabella calm, even if she couldn't talk. Isabella wanted Judith to grow up in a completely different way than she did, and ever since Isabella delivered her, she felt partly responsible for making that happen.

Isabella got up and went upstairs and into Judith's room, where she was happily cooing in her crib. "Hi, Judy." She smiled and kneeled down next to the crib.

Judith let out a happy noise and reached between the bars of the crib, grabbing onto Isabella's nose while the both giggled in sync.

"You like my nose?" Isabella teased her playfully.

Once Judith let go of Isabella's nose, Isabella stood up and lifted Judith out of her crib, she could sit on her own now. She couldn't walk yet though.

She placed Judith down on the floor and sat with her, grabbing some of her toys from around the room. Isabella spotted a small tiger, just like the one Beth had given her.

Isabella smiled and held it out to Judith. "You wanna play with the tiger?"

Judith reached out and grabbed the plastic toy, squeezing it in her hands and playing with it.

Isabella didn't even know she was calming down until she had done it already. It was amazing how when you were around someone so happy, their happiness rubbed off on you.

Isabella looked at the clock, it was 2:15pm. "Uh oh, Judy. You're fifteen minutes late to nap time."

Isabella sighed and stood up, picking Judith up. Judith wasn't even reacting, she didn't know she was going for a nap. But Isabella kept talking. "I know, I'm sorry. But Rick will get mad if I don't put you back to bed."

She put the baby down and cleaned up the room, putting all of the toys away. Then double checking there was no more toys around, then triple checking. She didn't want Judith to accidentally choke on anything, she knew what babies were like for chewing on things.

Just after Judith had settled and she shut the door, Rick was calling for her. "Carl! Bells! Let's go!"

Oh for gods sake, weapons training. Or something like that.

Isabella hurried down the stairs. "I put Judith down for her nap."

"Thanks, sweetheart." Rick gave her a quick smile.

The three of them walked out of the house and Ron joined them on the porch. Isabella felt like saying 'what the hell is he doing here?'. But then she remembered that she was trying to stop acting like a brat.

Gabriel was putting up flyers, just as the four of them walked past him. Rick pulled down one of the flyers. Rick was still mad at him for betraying the group.

Isabella sighed, and once Rick was far enough in front of her, she picked the flyer back up and put it back where it was. Then, she hurried off and caught up to them before anyone could notice.