72. Should've known.

Negan took the three back to his room and made them sit in the same spots. Freddie was still tense, probably thinking about Pete. Fuck Pete.

Negan was writing something in a book, and for once, he was actually silent.

"Can I wrap up my face now?" Carl broke the silence.

"No, you absolutely cannot," Negan looked up from his book with a serious face.

"Why the hell not?" Carl raised his voice. Isabella and Freddie both looked down, it was like Carl just wanted to get them into more trouble.

We're gonna be in so much trouble when we get home. Rick will shout at us, Michonne too. Maybe Abraham- no, no not Abraham.

Isabella wished that Abraham would get mad at her again, even if she didn't like those moments and it had scared her. She'd kill a million people just to hear his voice again.

Negan started to chuckle at Carl's boldness. "Look at this badass. You can't because I'm not done with you three. And I like looking at your disgusting, rad-ass, badass eye, so it's staying out."

When Carl just stared back at Negan with a narrow eye, Negan questioned him. "What? You got something to say?"

"Why haven't you killed us? Or my dad or Daryl?" Carl shook his head.

"Daryl...is gonna make a good soldier for me," Negan looked at Carl. That sentence just made Isabella's blood boil.

"He's not doing shit for you,"

"Whoa! Was I speaking to you, Bells?" Negan turned to her with his eyebrows raised. God, he just had a face that someone wants to punch. Hearing him say that nickname again made her want to peel her own skin off her bones.

"I don't care who you were talking to," Isabella snapped. "Just because you have a few people following you around you think that makes you someone? You think that makes you strong? It doesn't, Abraham and Glenn were strong."

"Do not make me have to put you back in that room," Negan scowled. He was angry now, not jokey angry, but actually angry.

"Do whatever the hell you want," Isabella daggered her eyes at him.

"Okay, okay," Negan chuckled and looked down. "Dwight!" His voice was loud and threatening enough to make his blonde companion appear at the door a minute later.

"Take Fredster, throw him in the cell," Negan gestured to Freddie.

"Yes, sir," Dwight pulled Freddie up by under his arms and started to pull him away.

"What? What are you doing? You can take me, you can have me back instead," Isabella pleaded and tried to stand up, but Carl pulled her back down.

Dwight was slamming the door shut after a second and Negan turned back to Isabella. "You see that? When you do something wrong, someone else gets punished. Thought you would've learnt that at the lineup."

Isabella couldn't form words. She genuinely couldn't believe what just happened. Did they really take Freddie?

Negan leaned over the table and sighed. "You're a smart kid. What do you think I should do? Break you, make you a good soldier? You know I can't let you two go. So, do I kill you both? Iron your face? Chop off your arms? Tell me. What do you think?"

Carl huffed and stood up, pointing to the left side of the room. "I think you should jump out the window to save me the trouble of killing you."

Negan stared up at Carl and chuckled. "Oh! Now, there is the kid that impressed the hell outta me."