42. Heart of gold.

Isabella walked by Abraham as they headed up to Route Sixteen. They could see the sign, but no cars as of yet.

"Eyes open, everybody. Weapons up." Glenn said, raising his gun and everyone else did the same. "You see someone coming at us, you fire."

"Copy that." Abraham mumbled and Isabella held her small handgun out in front of her.

"We can't just shoot anyone. Not everyone is bad." Isabella tried to reason with them.

"It's a good point." Maggie looked back at the girl.

"What if they're someone like us? What if Aaron's telling the truth?" Michonne piped up. "What if they're someone who has nothing to do with this?"

"We're six people walking with guns. No one's coming up to say hello." Glenn said, keeping his eyes on the road ahead of them.

"I would. If I saw a group of survivors I'd speak to them." Isabella shrugged, making Abraham chuckled.

"Well, you're Isabella." The man laughed and Isabella furrowed her brows.

"So?" She scoffed.

"So, you've got a heart of gold." Abraham turned his gaze to the girl walking beside him.

"I don't get it." Isabella sighed.

"Just think about it." Abraham nodded and chuckled again.

They carried on walking, a silent tension in the air. There was a few fallen down trees which they easily got past, then in-front of them stood an RV, like Dale's, and a white car.

"They were telling the truth." Glenn breathed out as they all began edging towards the vehicles slowly, their weapons still raised.

Isabella took a step over the log, but was pulled back as they heard some movement in the trees.

"Not one step closer, asshole." Glenn hissed and they all turned their guns to the forest.

Two walkers emerged from the trees, Abraham and Rosita rushed forward to take them out while Isabella turned to Glenn. "Man, what did them walkers ever do to you for you to call them an asshole?" She said with a giggle and Glenn rolled his eyes.

Once the walkers were gone, Abraham and Rosita went into the RV, both holding their guns up. Isabella got into the RV with them while the other three got into the car.

Abraham was driving and he looked back at Isabella in the rear view mirror. "At the firetruck, with Eugene. Did you think I was gonna hurt you?"

Isabella snapped her head up, remembering the way she had dropped to the floor and could barely get within a five-foot radius of Abraham that day. Remembering how John was in her head telling her what was going to happen to her.

"No." She half-lied. Isabella knew Abraham wouldn't hurt her, he could if he wanted to, but he wouldn't. She knew that John would hurt her, and if he wanted to, he was gonna. "It wasn't you."

Isabella thought if she never knew John, if it had been Daryl from the start, she wouldn't have been scared of Abraham that day. So, she decided that no, it wasn't Abraham, it was John. It was always John.

She thought about that for a long time, until both the RV and the car pulled up back by the barn, and all six of them began taking the food from the RV inside. The entire group was gathered around the table whilst Aaron sat tied up.

"This, this is ours now." Rick turned to Aaron coldly.

"There's more than enough." Aaron sighed.

"It's ours whether or not we go to your camp." Rick practically snarled.