28. Brains.

Isabella gave a small smile and shook Eugene's hand.

"What's y'all's names?" The redhead spoke up.

"Theo Archer, sir." Theo told the man.

"Sergeant Abraham Ford." The redhead confirmed with a nod.

"Rosita Espinosa." The woman introduced herself.

Isabella didn't really know what to say, she didn't want to use the last name Stone anymore, because that wasn't her.

"Isabella Dixon." She said, making Theo give her a small, proud smile.

"How'd y'all end up out there?" Abraham asked from the front seat.

"Our camp fell. Everyone got separated." Theo explained simply.

"Well, lucky for us. Eugene here is a scientist, gonna fix everything that's tits up about the world." Abraham chuckled and Isabella and Theo turned to Eugene.

"You're gonna fix the world?" Isabella asked in shock.

Eugene nodded. "Yes, little miss."

"You can't fix the world. People have changed. Never gonna be the way it was before." Theo huffed.

"We can fix those fuckin' biters though." Abraham laughed and put his foot on the gas, making them go a little quicker.

"Abe..." Rosita sighed and signalled to the small girl in the back.

"What?" He turned around. "Oh sorry, honey."

They drove like that for most of the night, and at one point, Eugene fell asleep on Isabella's shoulder, snoring pretty damn loudly.

"Mister..." Isabella mumbled, Theo looked over and saw Isabella struggling to hold Eugene up, and instead of helping her, he covered his mouth and held back a laugh.

"Hey! Instead of laughing, why don't you try and help me, dickhead!" Isabella whispered to Theo, her eyebrows furrowed in anger.

"Okay, okay..." Theo mumbled and shifted Isabella to sit on his lap, keeping her away from Eugene. They both watched as his body fell and lay across the two seats, still snoring.

"Jesus Christ..." Isabella mumbled, putting her head into her hands and shaking it.

Abraham kept on driving throughout the night, Rosita had fallen asleep. And occasionally, Isabella caught Theo admiring her.

Theo eventually fell asleep too, leaving just Isabella and Abraham awake. She furrowed her eyebrows as they saw a woman kneeling down on the floor, next to a man that must've either died or collapsed.

She gasped as she realised who it was laying on the floor. Glenn. "Theo!" She hit his chest to wake him up.

"Huh? Huh?" Theo said, looking around frantically.

"Stop the car! He's one of ours!" Isabella turned back to Abraham. The woman from before was completely bashing a walkers brains in with the butt of a gun.

"Hope you enjoyed the show, assholes!" The woman shouted.

Rosita and Eugene woke up, getting out of the truck as Theo and Isabella rushed over to Glenn. Glenn had become kind of like a big brother to Theo, even though there was barely an age gap between them.

"You got a damn mouth on you, you know that?" Abraham chuckled to the woman. "What else you got?"

The woman introduced herself as Tara, she was pretty nice. Theo, Isabella, Tara and Glenn all got up into the back of the truck, on the outside.