23. Eight and a half.

It had been about six months since the whole ordeal with the Governor. They had new people there now, some of them were nice, like Theo and Maeve, they were brother and sister. But Isabella found some of them annoying, for example, Lizzie and Patrick were annoying.

They had started to grow their own crops, of course, walkers were still a problem, but they were on the other side of the fence now. They had built wooden shelters, and Isabella's favourite part; the pigs.

Judith was getting really big, Isabella couldn't hold her while stood up for a while now, Judith was just under half the size of Isabella.

Isabella was pretty sure she was still eight, but she liked to say eight and a half when someone said it to her, plus, they didn't have a calendar to check.

Isabella still followed Daryl around like a lost puppy, but he didn't mind it as much anymore, though, he still got annoyed at her occasionally.

"Morning, Daryl." A man spoke, making Isabella snicker.

"What's up, Dr. S?" Daryl shot back at the man.

There was a course of echos saying morning, Daryl.

"Jeez, someone's popular." Isabella said, making sure to put extra emphasis on the p's.

"Shut up." Daryl scoffed, lightly nudging her side. "Smells good." He added to Carol, while he grabbed two plates of food.

"Just so you know, I liked you first." Carol giggled.

"Stop." Daryl said as he popped a piece of food in his mouth, practically throwing it.

Isabella put her chin up on the counter and looked at the food. "Got any candy, Carol?"

"No, Bells." Carol laughed. "We've got noodles and meat, take your pick."

"I wanted sour candy." Isabella huffed. "But noodles will do, got any sauce?"

Carol let out a louder laugh this time. "Nope."

"Plain noodles, yay." Isabella said sarcastically.

"Be grateful." Daryl reminded her.

"I am grateful, I just would prefer sauce." She shot back at him. "Thank you, Carol." She hissed, staring up at Daryl to get her point across.

"Thank you, Carol." Daryl mocked her as she walked away, still shovelling food into his mouth.

Isabella looked over and saw Theo walking away from Patrick and over to her, Theo was really tall, like super tall. He was atleast double Isabella's size, probably more.

"Why do you always hang out with him? He's annoying." Isabella scoffed.

"He's nice, you should take a lesson on that." Theo pointed out.

"What? I am nice, I'm nice to you, Maeve, Beth, Carl, Daryl, Jud-" Isabella was cut off.

"Yeah, I get the point." Theo laughed.

"Anyway, what do you want?" Isabella tilted her head, eating one of her noodles.

"I'm your baby sitter for the day." Theo announced proudly, making Isabella cough on the noodle and then burst out laughing.

"What? I'm serious." Theo added, hand on hip.

"What?" Isabella laughed and Theo nodded. "What?" She repeated, looking over at Daryl, putting the noodles down and storming over to him.

"I don't need a babysitter!" She told him, waving her arms around.

"Yeah, you do. You ain't been talkin' to anyone but me recently. Besides, you're only eight, someones gotta keep an eye on ya while I ain't here." Daryl said, making Isabella roll her eyes and look down, kicking her foot against the dust on the floor.