12. Fruit loops.

Isabella was sitting in the cafeteria area of cell block C. Rick was still wandering the halls where they had lost Lori, he'd been gone for almost a day.

Isabella had a bowl of oatmeal on the table in front of her, but she couldn't bring herself to eat it. Daryl glanced up at her from his place on the stairs to see if she was eating, which she wasn't, but he didn't want to press the issue.

Beth was holding the baby, and suddenly Rick was behind the barred door. "Everybody okay?" His voice spoke, making everyone turn and look at him.

"Yeah, we are." Maggie responded whilst Rick opened the door and came inside.

"What about you?" Hershel asked the man.

"I cleared out the boiler block." Rick said, he couldn't even look at his newborn baby.

"How many were there?" Daryl asked.

"I don't know. A dozen, two dozen. I have to get back. Just wanted to check on Carl." Rick said, patting Carl's shoulder.

"Rick, we can handle the bodies." Glenn said as he got up from his seat. "You don't have to."

"No, I do." Rick said, his voice barely above a whisper.

Isabella stayed silent, she still couldn't tell if Rick or Carl blamed her.

"Everyone have a gun and a knife?" Rick asked, walking over to Daryl.

Isabella looked down, the word reminding her of the weapon she used to cut Lori open.

"Yeah. We're runnin' low on ammo, though." Daryl stated.

"Maggie and me were planning on making a run this afternoon." Glenn told Rick. "Found a phone book with some places we can hit, look for bullets and formula."

Isabella perked up at the sound of getting out of the prison for a couple of hours, but she knew now wasn't the time to ask.

"We cleared out the generator room." Daryl spoke up. "Axel's there tryna fix it in case of emergency. We're gonna sweep the lower levels as well."

"Good. Good." Rick said before walking back to the door next to the stairs, not even taking a glance at his child.

"Rick!" Hershel tried.

Once they had finished their breakfast, or most of them, Hershel got up.

"I'm going to try to talk to him. Be safe on the run." He told Maggie and Glenn, they nodded.

Once Hershel was gone, Isabella looked at Maggie who was seated next to her. "Can I come with you?" Her voice croaked.

Maggie looked at Isabella sympathetically, then glanced at Daryl. "Why don't you ask Daryl first, hon?"

Isabella nodded and got up, walking over to Daryl and seating herself next to him on the stairs. "Can I go with Glenn and Maggie on the run? Please?" She asked him.

Daryl sighed. "Bells, I don't know...you ain't doin' so good."

"I'm fine." She emphasised, Daryl put his hand on her knee.

"Ya can go if you eat atleast half of your breakfast, yeah?" He said, Isabella rolled her eyes but reluctantly nodded.

She walked back over to the table and started to eat some of the oatmeal, Daryl glancing at her every so often just to make sure that she actually was eating.

Once she had eaten all that she could, she looked at Daryl. "Is this enough?" She asked him, he got up and looked over her shoulder.

"Yeah, that's good." He told her, patting her shoulder. "Oscar and I are gonna go check somethin' out."