57. Trust issues.

⚠️mention of self-harm in this chapter⚠️

"Isabella! Isabella, wake up! There's a man inside the house!" Carl whisper shouted, shaking sleeping Isabella's shoulders.

"What?" Isabella muttered and climbed out of bed. She was confused, last time she was awake, she was in the car.

"There's a man. In the house," Carl sounded out, as if she didn't hear him.

The teenager and smaller child gave each other a weird look before walking out into the hallway.

"Oh, it's just Jesus. Hey Jesus!" Isabella smiled as she noticed the man sitting on the stairs, looking at a drawing that Isabella had done.

Jesus gave her a small smile and wave back.

"What the hell are you doing in our house?" Carl pointed a gun at Jesus' head.

"I'm, uh, sitting on the steps looking at this painting, waiting for your mom and dad to get dressed. Hi...I'm Jesus," Jesus nodded to Carl.

"He's nice," Isabella scoffed as she pushed Carl's gun down.

Michonne and Rick came out of the same bedroom, both of them half dressed. "Carl...Isabella, hey, um..." Rick was lost for words to say the least.

Isabella didn't really know what was going on. Rick and Michonne had never slept in the same room before now, Carl's face was pure disgust though.

There were footsteps coming up the stairs, Isabella looked down and saw Daryl, Glenn, Maggie and Abraham each holding a gun up to Jesus.

"It's...it's okay," Michonne held a hand up.

"You said we should talk. So let's talk," Rick mumbled, putting his shirt over his head.

Isabella huffed and walked downstairs, knowing there was going to be a long discussion. She looked at Glenn on the way past. "Tell Gabriel that Christmas came early, gonna give him Jesus as a present this year,"

Glenn sighed and shook his head. He couldn't believe what he was seeing either, of course, he knew why Rick and Michonne weren't dressed.

"So, how'd you get out?" Rick asked abruptly as they all took a seat around the dinner table.

"One guard can't cover two exits or third floor windows. Knots untie and locks get picked. Entropy comes from order, right?" Jesus shrugged. Carl kept on giving Michonne smug glances.

"Right," Daryl spoke gruffly.

"I checked out your arsenal. I haven't seen anything like that in a long time. You're well-equipped but your provisions are low. Very low for the amount of people you have. Fifty-four?" Jesus raised his eyebrows.

"More than that," Maggie responded instantly.

"Well, I appreciate the cookie," Jesus smiled after a moment of awkward silence.

"What? Where did you get a cookie?" Isabella furrowed her eyebrows. Every time she asked for a cookie from Carol, Freddie would tell her that they didn't have any.

"That blonde kid over there," Jesus pointed to where Freddie was standing in the kitchen.

Isabella turned around, folding her arms over her chest and glaring at the boy. "So, a random man can have a cookie but you lied to me?!" She wasn't really angry, but she did want a cookie.

"He's Jesus," Freddie shrugged as if it was a real reason. It was nice when Freddie was happy, even if it was just for a moment.

"You owe me," Isabella scowled and turned back around to face Jesus.