108. You left me for dead.

"Oh, shit!" Isabella yelled as Freddie was pulled from their hiding spot. Most of the walkers and whisperers had passed by, going into different rooms and up to the floor that they were supposed to go to where Daryl was.

Isabella got her knife out and lunged out, from behind the wall, she thought that it was Beta at first because of the height, but it wasn't quite tall enough. The whisperer hesitated for a moment. Isabella took that moment to cut their hand where they were holding Freddie in place, making them let go of him.

Freddie ducked down, stumbling backwards but Isabella put a hand on his back to stop him from falling. He quickly got his knife out and took a fighting stance, bringing his knife up in front of his face.

Isabella did the same. The whisperer was just stood there, not moving at all. He had a knife up, but he wasn't lunging at them or anything.

Isabella didn't know what to do. Did they attack first? Why would they attack someone who was just stood there? Was it a trick?

Freddie on the other hand wasn't taking anymore shit from the whisperers. He jumped at the man pushing him back into some of the furniture. Isabella followed closely behind, ready to cover for Freddie. The whisperer was back up in seconds, swiping his knife and making both Freddie and Isabella move back. It barely missed Freddie's throat.

Freddie gave Isabella a nod and she sighed, knowing she was gonna have to cause some sort of distraction, probably putting her life at risk.

Isabella picked up a chair leg and hit the whisperers back, dropping it when he turned around and holding out her arms to the sides.

"Come get me," she taunted. She kept her arms out and her hands empty, praying to God that Freddie wouldn't screw this up.

The moment the whisperers back was fully turned to Freddie, he grabbed the man's arms and pulled them tightly around his back, making the whisperer drop his knife.

"Now what?"

Freddie grunted as the whisperer thrashed around, trying to get free. "Take his damn mask off!"

The man kept on moving his head as Isabella reached up. Nothing could've prepared her for what she saw next.

Isabella was about to walk away, but then she noticed two new names painted on the wall.

MAEVE
THEO

Only that second name shouldn't have been up there, because here he was, standing right in front of her.

It was silent for a couple of seconds. Isabella's mind couldn't process it.

He looked so different. His hair was matted, his eyes had huge bags under them, his face was covered in dirt.

"Isabella? You good?" Freddie asked. That confirmed it for Theo, hearing the name.

"You all left me for dead!" He spat.

Freddie peered at Isabella with wide eyes, he hadn't heard that voice much, but he still recognised it. "No..." he mumbled, but Isabella nodded to him. Neither of them could speak. They didn't know what to say.

"That day...where my sister took a bullet for you and you got your ass fucking shot anyway!" Theo yelled, turning his head slightly towards Freddie. Isabella didn't know that Maeve did that. "You all thought I was dead?" He chuckled, throwing his head back. "Damn. And then you just left me there. Nobody came back. I made it. On my own."

"Go," Freddie nodded to Isabella.

Isabella shook her head. "I'm not leaving you here alone."

"Go! Jesus, Isabella! Listen to me for once!" Freddie repeated, the frustration evident in his voice.