84. Bad stuff does happen.

Carl had arranged that Siddiq could stay in the sewers until they convinced Rick to let him in. Carl said he would drop off supplies daily.

Daryl was finally home. It had been a while since Isabella had seen him last, she was happy he was home. Now, they could all be together again. It was nice living in the same house as the Grimes, and Freddie now since Carol lived at the Kingdom. She missed Maggie though.

She was walking around, hand in hand with Daryl and Freddie walking by his other side. Michonne walked up the hill from near the creek. "Hey,"

"Hi," the other three responded in unison. Isabella and Freddie were a bit out of the loop. They didn't know what was going on with Negan.

"I'm glad you came back...someone else is, too," Michonne smiled, signalling to Isabella who was clinging onto his hand. "It's better we go out there together."

"It worked," Daryl nodded. "We'll roll in, tell 'em to give up. They're gonna give up."

Michonne sighed and lowered her voice, maybe hoping Isabella and Freddie wouldn't hear. "I'm sorry. I couldn't."

"Don't be. It worked," Daryl told her firmly before walking away, the two kids following.

"What was all that about?" Freddie asked. Isabella was still slightly annoyed, but she couldn't stay annoyed forever. Freddie was her best friend.

"None of ya business," Daryl huffed. Carl had told him what had happened between the two kids, and even if Freddie was only nine, he couldn't find it in him to be nice just yet.

"Daaaryl," Isabella groaned. "Don't be so mean to people," she giggled.

"You're mean to me all'a the time," Daryl gave her a small smile in response. "Callin' me stinky."

Isabella and Freddie both burst out laughing. "She's not wrong," Freddie continued to laugh, even Daryl let out a small chuckle.

"I'm gonna go grab something to eat," Isabella gestured at the house and then hurried up the steps, going inside.

She was rooting through the kitchen, as always, when she heard sniffling coming from upstairs. That was weird, nobody else was supposed to be home.

She slowly walked upstairs, seeing through the banister Carl's bedroom door open. He was sat on his bedroom floor, piece of paper and pen in hand.

"Carl?" Isabella stepped closer to his room. "What's wrong? Are you crying? Are you okay?" She panicked. It wasn't often Carl cried, unlike her.

"No," Carl wiped his face. "I'm fine. Just feel a little sick."

Isabella nodded. She remembered when she felt sick at the prison, but then she didn't want to think about that memory anymore. Because Glenn was there. She couldn't even think of happy things with Glenn anymore, because all she could see was his head caving in, his eye popping out, hearing his distorted voice calling for Maggie.

"Do you need anything?" She asked.

"No," Carl shook his head, chuckling slightly. "Actually, one of your hugs would be pretty good right now," he gave a short smile.

Isabella smiled back and moved towards him, kneeling down next to him and wrapping her arms around him. "What are you writing?"

"My dad asked me to make some plans for where the Saviors are going," he replied, rubbing her back. Isabella thought that was pretty cool, Carl got to make all the plans.

It had been a couple of hours and it was dark outside now. Isabella hadn't been doing much, just hanging around the house or playing with Judith. She was on the porch with Freddie when something started to clang against the gates. Then the squeaking of a microphone.