16. Emotions.

Isabella continued to sob, Maggie took her by the shoulders and helped her into the backseat of the car. "Maggie, please. I c-cant." Isabella stuttered.

Maggie put her hand to the back of Isabella's head and frowned. "I'll take care of you, okay? I promise. You didn't deserve that."

Maggie's words were supposed to make Isabella happier, but they just made her sob even harder. She loved Maggie with all of her heart, but she wanted Daryl to be the one by her side.

Michonne got into the back of the car alongside Isabella and Maggie. They drove for what felt like hours to Isabella, while she uncontrollably sobbed and gasped for air. If Isabella didn't know better, she'd say that this is what having your heart ripped out feels like.

They hit a block in the road, a red van completely blocking their path. Isabella, Glenn, Maggie and Rick all got out, Isabella's throat and chest hurt from crying, but she wanted to help incase they would need it.

Glenn opened the car door and a walker snapped it's teeth at him. "I got it!" Rick hollered, but Glenn had already tackled the creature to the ground and stomped on its head with his shoe repeatedly, the brains flying everywhere.

The three stared at Glenn in shock, they had never seen him so violent and eager to kill, usually, Glenn would be the one to put a walker down in a slow, civilised way, but this wasn't the same old Glenn that they knew.

Glenn stepped back once the walkers head was as thin as a piece of paper, looking down at the mess he made while he attempted to catch his breath.

Glenn ducked under the branch and was followed by Rick who stood side-on.

"You didn't kill him." Glenn uttered.

"That's not why we went back." Rick replied after a moment of looking around.

"No. That's right. You went back for Daryl. And now he's gone again and the Governor is still alive." Glenn hissed through gritted teeth, staring at Rick.

"Daryl was the priority." Rick said, raising his voice slightly.

"I should've been there with you." Glenn murmured.

"You were in no condition." Rick put his hand on Glenn's arm.

"But my girlfriend was?! An eight year old child who had been locked up in a cellar was?!" Glenn defended, as he put it, his blood.

"Glenn, this isn't about us." Maggie shook her head, holding onto the side of the truck.

"I should've been there!" Glenn scoffed.

"Hey! You didn't come back with us 'cause you could barely walk." Rick emphasised, pointing at Glenn.

"What about her?" Glenn pointed at Maggie.

"What about me?" Maggie interrupted.

"Do you know what he did to her?!" Glenn screamed, making Isabella even more confused, it was like her old family was tearing apart her new one.

"Leave it alone!" Maggie ordered. "Let's go!" She changed the subject, putting her hand on Isabella's back.

"After all that effort, all the risk we took, Daryl just takes off with Merle? Doesn't even bat an eye at the girl he treated like his daughter for a year?" Glenn scoffed, making Isabella look down at her shoes.