65

Amelia POV:
The match finishes, 2-0 to England and Jordan scored one of the goals. The fans are all cheering and clapping. All the team and staff have stood around Jordan and clapping him. You hear the commentators say "Can we ask all our fans to join us clapping our number 8, Jordan Henderson who announced this would be his last game playing in the shirt for England, Jordan has given many years to England, he's a very loved player and will be kissed on the pitch. We wish Jordan the very best in the future." The whole stadium claps for him and I stand at the edge of the pitch with Noah in my arms, clapping for him too. I see his eyes tear up as the whole team hug him. They all come off the pitch and James says "definitely time for a party tonight!" I smile and say "you boys go and enjoy" he laughs "you're coming with us Ames. We've organised one at SGP, don't tell Hendo" I laugh and I run to hug Jordan. "I'm so proud of you baby" he cuddles into me and I know he's crying, I see Dec and Mason walking past, Jordan hasn't lifted his head. "Dec, Mase one of you come take your nephew please." I say and Dec runs over taking him, Mason nods towards Jordan and I mouth "It think it's all sunk in now" he smiles and Mason says "come on Noah, come with your favourite uncles" he laughs and then I hear "oi Mount, Rice less of the favourite, you have no proof." Jack shouts and I smile. I hug Jordan tight and kiss his head "You done it baby, it's going to hurt now I know but you'll always be part of the team. You'll always have your brothers." He sniffs his tears and says "thank you baby" then I see Dad walk over, Jordan looks up and stands up when dad comes over. Dad opens his arms and hugs Jordan, he smiles "Guess now I can be a full-time father-in-law" We all laugh and Jordan says "maybe we should get you a Liverpool season ticket then" Dad smiles "I'll hold you to that son" I smile, it's a bittersweet moment, as much as this is a painful time and it's hard seeing him stop playing for England, it's lovely that we can be a proper family all the time. Dad and Jordan get on so well, now they don't have to stop to be boss and player.
-7:30pm that night-
We're teeing ready, we've told Jordan we're going out for dinner but really there's a party for him downstairs.
We get downstairs and he thinks the lads have arranged to meet him in the main room, as we open the door the whole team cheer and he stands I'm shock, he looks at me and says "you knew about this?" I grin "mads told me after the match, you deserve it" he kisses me then the lads come and hug him.
I look around at the pictures of him around the room, they're all from his England career, Noah is with HarryK, he walks over to me and says "you okay Amy?" I nod "it's a lot to take in, is a bit bittersweet." He nods and hugs me "girl, you'll still come see us every camp, come to every game and you'll see us all the time. We've got a gender reveal in a few weeks." I smile and nod "I know, I wouldn't want to get rid of you all." He laughs and goes to join the lads with Noah.
Instagram

A_Henderson: Bittersweet goodbyes🥺😢❤️The lads and staff all threw Jordan a goodbye party, photos of his career in the England team

The lads and staff all threw Jordan a goodbye party, photos of his career in the England team. Amazing night with amazing people.❤️❤️
26k likes
JHendo: You look stunning like always. Little bump is perfect😍 It's never goodbye just see you later😜 Could never be without these boys, they all have Uncle duties that Noah won't let them get away from😜
Madders_J: You look beautiful bestie😍you'll never get rid of us ever. We all love you both lots❤️
Declanrice: Mads is right, we all love you both and your son lots. Also we have a gender reveal in a few weeks to find out if we have a new nephew or niece coming❤️
GSouthgate: You look lovely darling. Jordan deserves it all. A great player and has given England so much time, dedication and plenty of goals over the years and he'll be missed but I told you both, you're not leaving us that easily❤️
Jackgrealish: Very bittersweet🥹 We'll always be family❤️
HarryK: Love you both so much. We're family always❤️
Masonmount: Loving you both lots❤️
KWalker: He deserves it all. You look lovely tonight Ames🥰
Trent_AA: I still get you keep you all😜😂 Gutted to lose you at England, but we'll be family always❤️
4k more comments

The party is over, Noah's fast asleep in his pushchair, we're all on the way back to the rooms as we all leave tomorrow. Once we're in the room, Noah's in bed and I see Jordan standing staring out the window. I walk behind him and put my arm around him, "what's on your mind baby?" I ask and he says "the memories this place holds, I mean we met here, got married here, we've faced highs and lows here. It's hard leaving it all behind." I cuddle in to him. "We're never leaving it all behind, the memories will always be in our hearts and like dad said he wants us to come and see them all when camps on. I need you to answer this next question honestly... okay?" He looks at me and nods so I continue "are you regretting your decision?" He shakes his head "I'm not regretting it, if anything looking at these memories it solidifies the decision. Most of our best memories have been here, not in all the lovely places we could've been. I mean we were here a week after you gave birth, you prioritised me and my career, over your own mental health. It's time for me to prioritise you and the children. This team and all the boys will always be our family, but it's definitely time to move on as a player for England. Like I told your dad I'll happily come back and help with coaching but also make it work around my family." I smile and kiss him. We head to bed cuddled into each other, knowing tomorrows goodbyes are going to be hard like always but it's going to be Jordan saying goodbye to the international era of his career.