unrequited requited love- fre...

By yadadeua

fred weasley and athena potter sort of have a requited-unrequited love for one another, they're so madly in l... More

cast
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Announcement
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Heaven Sent!
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Thank you!!
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
oops...
Part 63

Part 50

752 23 0
By yadadeua

Moving Day

***

"Ready, love?" Fred asks, carrying the final box out of Athena's room.

The girl smiles, giving him a quick nod before watching him head out of her room. She sighs, observing the room around her that she'd grown to call home the past couple of weeks.

Today was the day Athena was officially moving into Fred and George's flat. It wasn't like she wasn't practically living there beforehand, she'd woken up over a month ago and was spending nearly every night there, but she hadn't moved in yet. 

"I can't believe you're leaving me!" Sirius suddenly shouts out, mimicking a young child which made Athena laugh. The two had bonded immensely during her time at the Grimmuald Palace- not that it was a surprise, the two had always been close when Athena was younger. And with Sirius being a free man now, he wanted to explore as much as he could, and with Athena no longer being a student- she had more than enough time to do so. 

The two had a lot of fun together, it was similar to how Remus and Athena would spend their time together in the early stages, Sirius would tell Athena as many stories about her parents- which would never fail to make her smile, her personal favorite was when her dad and Sirius lived together, their friendship with each other made her smile- she'd never seen two people be so close.

She places a hand on Sirius's shoulder, "I'll visit all the time Padfoot, you know it." She says, giving him a teasing smirk. He rolls his eyes, "It's not the same!" He exclaims, "He's taking me away from you," Sirius pouts, crossing his arms. 

Fred laughs loudly from the other room, letting Athena and Sirius know that they'd been eavesdropped on the entire time, "He has a name you know!" Fred shouts out, "And George is waiting for us outside!" He exclaims, making Athena laugh. 

Sirius scoffs jokingly, "Alright fine," He says, "Come here little Lily," embracing Athena into a hug, "I'll miss you," She tells him, her voice muffled into his shoulder, "I'll miss you too," He says, but you better keep your promise of visiting me!" He threatens. 

***

"I'm,"---"So,"---"Tired!" George says in between huffs, dramatically dropping Athena's boxes the second he steps foot into the flat.

"Me too!" Fred exclaims behind George, sounding just as breathless as his twin brother. Fred looks at Athena, who was sitting on the couch- smiling happily about the fact she hadn't moved at all, "Remind me how you managed to convince George and me to carry your stuff for you?" He asks. 

Athena flips through a page of her book, looking up at the twins with a smirk on her face, "Please, I've had the two of you do stuff for me for years and you've never noticed." She gloats, a smug look appearing on her face making Fred snort. "I think I'd be able to tell, love." He says, although not sounding too convinced.

George puts a hand on Fred's shoulder, "No brother, she's definitely had us on a leash for years," He admits, making Athena laugh.

Fred rolls his eyes, taking a seat on the sofa and putting his arm above Athena, "Well, I'm starved." He says, "I'm gonna head to the restaurant downstairs and grab us lunch, wanna come, love?" Fred asks, looking at his girlfriend. 

Athena puts her book aside- she could use some fresh air, "Yeah, let's go?" She asks, Fred nods, grabbing his keys from the kitchen counter. The two bidding George goodbye before leaving the apartment. 

***

"Hi, Mr. Abu Zaid!" Athena says, smiling brightly at the restaurant owner as she and Fred walk into the shop. He gives the couple a curt nod, "Ah Mr. Weasley, Ms. Potter! It's been a while since I last saw you two," He says, tightening his apron. 

Omar Abu-Zaid was by far the kindest man in Diagon Ally, they'd met him a couple of months back when Fred, George, and Athena had come to the area to look at the twin's shop before purchasing it, and they'd been coming to his restaurant ever since. 

Fred chuckles, swinging his arm around Athena's shoulder, "Yeah- I've been busy with work, and Athena's been in and out of her family home and here," He says, slowly picking up the menu. 

The Weasley doesn't take long to decide what to order, they got the same thing each time anyways, "I think we'll have the regular, is that good, Omar?" He asks, looking at the man. "Yes, perfect Mr. Weasley!" Omar exclaims, grabbing his wand and heading toward the kitchen.

As Omar heads inside, Fred pulls out a chair for him and Athena, the girl giving him a soft thank you before looking outside.

Diagon Ally was filled with people, especially with it being summer-time, it was busier than ever. Athena always loved Diagon Ally, she had since she was eleven. She found all the different shops fascinating growing up, and now she loves using it as a way to pass time. 

When Athena turns away from the window, her eyes meet Fred, who'd been staring at her the entire time.

There was something about Athena that made Fred feel like he was looking at her for the very first time each time he looked at her, his facial features would completely soften and his eyes would light up- the way he looked at her truly made Athena feel like the luckiest girl in the world. 

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." She teases.

Fred blushes slightly, "Sorry love, just thinking about how lucky I am to have you," He tells her, making a light blush form across her face. She presses a kiss to his cheek, making his eyes crinkle from his smile widening.

"Honestly, if you'd told me I'd be moving in with you and we would be in love and together back in our first year; I would have laughed." Athena says, "But now I can't imagine my future with anyone else." 

All of that was completely true, in the seven years Athena had known Fred, she'd fallen completely and utterly in love with him. It was like every time she saw him laugh, or help a customer in the shop, it was like the two of them were back in their fourth year, where shes gushing over him swinging a bludger away in Quidditch, or when she ran into their dorm and found Fred out of the shower, a towel hanging around his waist and his hair sopping wet. 

Fred pouts slightly, "Really? I reckoned you were in love with me the minute you saw me!" He exclaims, making Athena think back to when she and Fred had first met, "Fred, the first time I saw you, you made my nose bleed." 

***

Start of Flashback

Eleven-year-old Athena walks through the train cautiously, nerves wracking through her body as she was yet to find a compartment that wasn't full.

She was worried, what if this was the start of her not fitting in? What if this was all too much for her? Vernon and Petunia were right, she'd never belonged in a magic school...

Suddenly, a boy calls out to her, "Hey! You! The one with the owl!" He shouts out, making Athena turn her head to find where the noise is coming from. She blushes slightly when her eyes meet the boy- he was fairly attractive, with brown hair and hazel eyes. 

"Me?" She asks, pointing to herself confused, surely he was talking to someone else? Someone he knew? The boy nods, giving her a bright smile- he'd noticed she had walked around the train a couple of times and thought he could be of help, "Yeah you!" He exclaims, "Come here, there's an empty seat." He says, patting the space next to him. 

Athena gives the boy a thankful smile, quickly hurrying to put her trunk in and take the empty seat next to him. "Thank you," She says, relieved she finally found a place or else she'd spent the whole train ride standing. 

"I'm Cedric," He says, sticking his hand out to the girl, "Cedric Diggory." 

Athena shakes his hand, "I'm Athena, Athena Potter." She introduces, making his eyes widen slightly, "Athena Potter?! Is your brother Harry Potter?" He asks, the surprise in his voice is evident. 

The girl shifts uncomfortably in her seat, Hagrid had explained to her slightly why she and Harry were considered a big deal in the wizarding world- Harry more so than her, but she still didn't really understand. "Erm- yeah? I know he's famous I guess, but I don't really understand why." She says, proceeding to explain to Cedric that she'd grown up with muggles. 

"Blimey that's crazy-" Cedric says, but his sentence is cut off by two gingers running inside their compartment- panic on their faces. 

"Save us!" One of the boys shouts while the other threw himself onto Athena, his head making contact with Athena's nose. 

"Ouch!" She yelps, pushing the boy off of her, making him hit the floor and grab her nose. The two boys look at each other sheepishly, "What did you do?!" She exclaims at the boy who'd bumped into her, her eyes widening when she saw blood falling down from her face. 

When she looks up, she notices the two boys look fairly similar- identical, too identical in fact, obviously meaning that they were twins. "Sorry, I'm Fred," The one who hit her says, sticking his hand out. His brother gasps, "You apologized!" He says to Fred, then looking at Athena with wide eyes, "He never apologizes," The boy continues. 

Athena chuckles slightly, a small blush forming on her face. "That's great and all...?" 

"George." 

"Right- George. That's great and all, but my nose is still broken!" She exclaims, pointing at her broken nose- which was still bleeding. "I know how to fix it!" Cedric suddenly blurts out, making the three pay attention to him. 

Cedric points his wand at Athena, "Epiksey." He says, and with that, her nose was all fixed!

"Thanks, Cedric," She says, "I'll see you two around!" She says to Fred and George. 

End of Flashback

***

By the end of the story, Fred's face is bright red, "I was so embarrassed!" He groans, "You were by far the prettiest girl I'd met, and I ruined it by wacking my heavy head onto you!" He exclaims, making Athena burst out into laughter. 

"It was so funny!" She exclaims, "You were so red!" She says, wiping tears away from her eyes from how hard she was laughing. 

"I felt bad, okay?!" He cries out, looking more flustered which made Athena laugh even harder.

"Mr. Weasley, your food is ready!" Omar calls out, making the two of them stop their conversation and look at the owner- a happy smile on their faces. 

Fred quickly stands up from his seat, clasping his hands together. "Perfect Omar! Thank you very much!" He says, paying the man the money and happily grabbing the food, the two headings back to the apartment afterwards, hand in hand, and just happy. 

***

A/N: Filler chapter! Now that Athena is out of school, there's no strict storyline for me to follow. So what do you guys want to see from Fred and Athena's relationship? Or Athena in general? Any characters you guys want me to write more about?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 3.7K 28
maeve potter and fred weasley were in love. so in love that the sun shined brighter around them and the birds chirped happily. maeve potter and fred...
666 0 35
A story between the two lovebirds Fred Weasley and Y/F/N (your full name) they meet and instantly clicked Together. Their love was the best to be. P...
200K 3.9K 29
Brooke Kelly is a fun loving witch. She loves pranks but is a very clever student. When she plays a prank that causes a big problem she gets transfer...
9.3K 127 50
Juliet is the twin sister of Harry Potter. Nicolette is a new student with a secret. The girls grow close bonding on their pasts. Juliet falls for Hu...