Part 42

Year 7: Valentines Day

***

Athena taps her foot lazily, waiting on the sofa in the common room as Fred gets ready. Nearly everyone had left the common room, making Athena the only person in it.

"Ready to go, love?" A voice from behind Athena says, a smile appearing on her lips when her eyes meet Freds. 

He wasn't extremely dressed up, wearing sweatpants and one of the sweater's Molly had made him that had an 'F' on it. Athena wasn't super dressed up either, he'd told her to dress casual so she did, wearing grey sweatpants with a thin tank top, jacket over it, and hair down. 

"Yup," Athena says, slowly getting off of the couch and heading towards her boyfriend. 

Fred intertwines his fingers with the girl's once they leave the common room, "So, what's the plan for Valentine's day?" She asks, looking at her boyfriend cheekily. "Well, at first I thought Hogsmead- but that's far too basic, so I thought we could sneak into the kitchen's and you'd finally teach me how to bake." 

She squeals in excitement, in the seven years she'd known Fred, he never allowed her to teach him. She'd begged for years!" Yet nothing would ever sway him. 

"Really?!" She exclaims happily, jumping up and down.

At the sight of Athena being so happy, his eyes light up and a grin forms on his face. Seeing Athena so happy made part of him wish he'd agreed to this sooner, "For you, love? Anything." He says, trying to be smooth which only made Athena roll her eyes, "Oh please, I've been begging to teach you since our second year and you would refuse." 

He pauses for a moment and looking at the girl with a sheepish look on his face, "Well that was before I realized I was in love with you, darling."

***

"Fred! I said two cups of flour, how did you get flour all over you?!" Athena exclaims, laughing at her boyfriend- who currently had flour all over his face and body.

The girl goes on her tippy toes- something she had to do quite often when she was around him due to their height difference, wiping flour off of his face, swiping her thumb across his lip before Fred pulls her into a deep passionate kiss- throwing Athena a surprise as she hadn't expected it.

When the Weasley pulls away, he has his signature boyish grin on his face- the same one that's made Athena's heart melt since the first day she met him, "Well, now you have flour on your face too," He says. 

Athena rolls her eyes, a small smile creeping onto her lips when her hand touches her cheek and there's flour in it. She narrows her eyes at the boy, moving in front of him to show Fred how to properly measure flour, putting it smoothly into the baking bowl while when Fred had tried, he got it all over the floor.