Part 19

Year 6: Revelations 

***

"Kill me now," Athena mutters to George, a sour look on her face as she spoke. 

A laugh leaves the Weasley's lips, "What's got your knickers in a twist?" He asks, his sentence causing Fred's head to perk up in interest to their conversation, Fred smirks, "Yes Athena, why are your knickers in a twist?" 

Athena shoots Fred a glare before beginning to speak, "If you boys must know, it's the Yule Ball." She says sheepishly. 

The two share a confused look before turning back to the girl, George scrunches up his nose, "I thought girls loved the ball?" He asked, confusion laced in his voice as the words came out both a statement and a question. "I do- it's just, everything about it is so stressful," The girl confesses, fiddling with her hands. 

"She's right, the whole getting a date part is difficult," Hermione says, joining the conversation from the other side of the table. 

Athena nods her head in agreement, before turning her head back to the two boys, "Enough about me," She says, placing her book down on the table, "Do you two have dates?" She asks, deep down wanting to know Fred's answer more than George's. 

It wasn't that she expected Fred to ask her- but she'd be lying if deep down Athena wasn't hoping he would. 

George shakes his head, "Suppose I'll take a friend or something," He says, the two looking over at Fred for his answer, "How about you?" Athena asks, trying to hide the desperation in her voice. "Erm same," He mutters quickly, looking down before anyone can notice the blush taking over his face. 

***

"Athena!" Isabella calls out, her voice in the background of the Gryffindor's thoughts, "Earth to Athena!" The Ravenclaw exclaims, waving her hand in front of Athena's face. She shakes her head, "Sorry," Athena mumbles, "I must have zoned out," She continues quietly, finding herself thinking about the Yule Ball once again, and more importantly how Fred was acting earlier.

It was so... strange? Nothing like the boy at all, the way he acted was like he wanted to go with Athena- but that was ridiculous, Athena thought, nothing would ever happen between the two. Anything she felt was a one-sided feeling. 

"What's up with you?" Cedric asks his question making Athena glare at the couple, as she'd been asked it multiple times throughout the day. "Nothing," She states, folding her arms defensively, "And quite frankly I'm getting annoyed that everyone is asking me, do I look that bad?"