Part 21

Year 6: The Yule Ball

***

"You look gorgeous," Angelina says- admiring the girl in front of her as Athena fidgets with the sides of her dress nervously, giving the girl a short smile in response. 

It wasn't that Athena was upset with Angelina for being in a relationship with Fred, as the girl had liked Fred as well- and Athena had never explicitly told her about her feelings for him, but she'd be lying if she didn't feel the jealousy rise in her stomach whenever she saw Angelina and Fred together.

The Gryffindor looks into the mirror, observing her outfit- Athena couldn't lie, she looked stunning, but it was definitely out of her comfort zone. She'd never wear stuff like this usually, dresses alone was something she never wore- but when she saw this one when she went dress shopping with Isabella- how could she say no?

Not to mention, the makeup Alicia did for her was amazing, insisting that the lipstick matched her dress- even though the shade was too bold for Athena's liking, it did look good on her, so she thought, who was she to argue?

Athena kept her hair parted to the side, allowing her loose curls to be on display. "Ryker will definitely be starstruck," Hermione says from behind the girl, Athena turns around- her breath hitching when she sees her friend, Hermione looked like wonderful!

"Mione- oh my goodness, you look beautiful!" Athena says, her voice in awe. Hermione blushes at the compliment- not used to being the center of attention as she felt all the girl's eyes on her, "Really?" She asks. 

Athena chuckles, "Ronald's going to regret the day he was born, believe me." 

***

The girls went down one by one. Alicia going first, then Ginny, then Hermione, and lastly, Athena. 

As Athena went down the stairs, she felt all eyes on her- her heart racing when she heard a few whispers through the staircase, 'Is that Athena? She looks stunning!' and 'Whoa, who knew Potter could clean up so nicely' She heard. 

Although, Athena's attention landed on Fred, who had been looking at her his entire time, his mouth slightly open and in awe.

Fred's whole world had stopped when he saw Athena- he'd never seen anyone so beautiful, he always thought Athena was the most gorgeous girl he knew, seeing her now just confirmed it even more. 

"Freddie?" Athena says quietly, waving her hand in front of his face- as he'd stood there motionless since she came down the stairs. The Weasley clears his throat, trying to find the words to say, as the two hadn't really spoken much since their fight, but he's staring was definitely starting to concern Athena. 

"You look-" Fred begins, but gets cut off before he has the chance to continue, "Athena," Ryker says in awe, "Merlin you look gorgeous!" The Durmastrang boy exclaims, making Athena blush slightly at his words, her eyes meeting Fred's once again, but she noticed that his facial expression had changed, the now previously happy one was replaced with the same angry look on his face he had the night of their fight- jaw clenched, breathing deep, and eyes dark.