Part 24

Year 6: Hogsmead

***

"It's Athena's favorite day!" Lee sings, his horrible singing making everyone around him- who was still tired, groan. Fred raises an eyebrow, now curious about his friend's conversation, "And that might be?" He asks.

"Hogsmead!" Athena exclaims, interrupting Lee and clasping her hands together happily. She quickly looks down at her lap flustered, embarrassed at how loud her words were. 

Fred notices Athena gets shy, and quite frankly he finds it adorable. He swung an arm around her shoulder, pulling the girl into his side- making butterflies launch in both of their stomachs. "Don't be embarrassed love, I think you're cute when you get excited." He says, making Athena go frozen as she tries to process what just left his mouth. 

'Did Fred Weasley just try to flirt with me?' She thought. 

"Love? That's new," She smirks, "Just trying something new," He responds, not showing a hint of embarrassment as he grins cheekily, taking a sip of his pumpkin juice. 

Lee groans, "Will you guys stop it!" He exclaims, "I feel lonely enough as it is," Athena raises an eyebrow, "So that's it? No longer pining for Alicia?" She asks.

Since their very first year, Lee Jordan had been- and is, utterly in love with Alicia Spinnet. It's quite funny actually, watching Lee who was typically so charming and charismatic become a sputtering mess just because Alicia had asked him for potions homework. 

He sighs, "No, it's just on hold for now." 

"So why are you so excited for Hogsmead?" George asks, now joining the trio's conversation as they walk out of the Great Hall. "Well, it takes my stress off of school, and you guys know how stressed I've been recent," She tells them, making the three boys shudder as they think of how moody their friend had been recent. 

With the four nearing their final year at Hogwarts, their upcoming N.E.W.T.S, and the third task- Athena had been all over the place, and when Athena Marlene Potter was stressed, it wasn't the prettiest sight. 

She quickly snaps out of her thoughts, "Plus, Cedric asked me to help him with Isabella's birthday gift," She says, sounding much happier, "I think it's sweet how nervous he is about getting her some she'll like." She comments, a smile appearing at her own words. Lee chuckles, "I'm surprised they've lasted so long, I thought Cedric would have tried to escape by now."

As much as Athena wanted to glare at Lee for his comment- she too, was surprised. This was by far the longest relationship either one of them had been in. But Athena could not have been happier for the couple. She was relieved that Cedric's player days were finally over and that Isabella had found someone right for her.