Part 2

Year 5: Reunited? 

***

"So, will you be sitting with your friendgroup?" Fred asks.

"Yup, same as always," Athena responds, the two of them pushing their trollies towards Platform 9 3/4. "You know, your friendgroup is weird," Fred states, earning a glare from his friend as the two of them head towards the Hogwarts express. 

Fred notices Athena's glare and puts up his hands in surrender, "I'm just saying!" He says defensively, "You have Cedric, a Hufflepuff, Isabella, a Ravenclaw, You a Gryffindor, and Elliot... a Slytherin." He says, a slight twinge in his voice when he mentions Elliot, something Athena did not let pass by.

"I'm guessing you still don't like Elliot?" She asks. 

Fred hadn't liked the boy since their third year when Elliot had formed a crush on Athena- a crush that was so small that he was over it the next month, but it wasn't something Fred had forgotten. Truth be told, Athena wasn't sure why it bothered him so much, because since then he hasn't taken a liking to the boy. 

"It's not that I don't like him, it's that I think he has further intentions with you, and he's a Slytherin," Fred says, trying to ignore the jealousy bubbling inside his stomach.

Athena groans, rolling her eyes at her best friend, "Fred! Elliot liked me two years ago, and it hardly lasted a month, and that Slytherin shit is a load of crap," She says, causing Molly to scold her from behind for her use of language. 

"Sorry," Athena apologizes sheepishly, Fred snickering at her embarrassment as a light shade of red spreads across her face. 

However, Athena couldn't stop thinking about how Fred thought Elliot's house was a big deal. She was one of the very few Gryffindors who didn't seem to mind Slytherins, especially considering when she was placed under the sorting hat, it almost put her into the house. 

***

Athena walks through the train after departing from Fred and George, who were happily chatting with Lee when she left them. She ended up finding her friends in a compartment not far from them, "Athena!" Isabella squeals, rushing to the Gryffindor and pulling her into a bone-crushing hug, Athena laughs, although it's slightly painful to do so as her ribs were slowly getting crushed together. 

"Hug her any tighter, yeah?" Elliot jokes, but it causes Isabella to let go of her so Athena shoots him a grateful smile. 

She pulls him into a hug next, "You're not still in love with me, are you?" She teases, sticking her tongue out at him. Athena loved making fun of Elliot's past crush on her as much as possible, as she personally found it the funniest thing. "Will you ever let that go?" He groans, looking annoyed at his best friend. 

She laughs and shakes her head, "Never!" 

"Hey? What about me?" Cedric whines, opening his arms and pouting as he feels left out of their reunion. Athena pulls the Hufflepuff into a hug, saying hi to him before taking the empty seat next to him. 

***

"It's like they don't trust Athena and me!" Elliot exclaims, rambling on and on about how he thought it was unfair that Isabella and Cedric were made Prefects, while Athena and he weren't. "I swear Dumbledore did this on purpose," He mumbles, folding his arms in a child-like manner and pouting. 

To be fair, Athena wasn't entirely surprised that she hadn't been made Prefect. She'd often get involved in Fred and George's pranks, sometimes doing her own with Lee, and surely that couldn't be good for her academic reputation. 

"Hey! I didn't get made Prefect either, you don't see me complaining!" She points out, Elliot scoffs, "That's because I'm doing it for the both of us!" He says dramatically. 

As Elliot was about to argue further, much to anyone in the group's dismay, a sudden coldness takes over their compartment. 

Isabella shudders, "What's happening?" She asks, a cold fog coming out as she speaks. "Maybe something broke down?" Cedric suggests although Athena finds it highly unlikely. 

In the five years, they'd gone to Hogwarts and been on the Hogwarts Express, it'd never once broken down. Why would it break down now? And why would it get so cold? 

However, all four of them get extremely quiet when a dark figure passes by their compartment, Athena's heart beginning to race. She throws herself into Cedric's chest as he wraps his arms around her protectively, the two holdings onto one another out of fear until the shadow leaves. 

Finally, it passes by, however, everyone can't seem to ignore the coldness lingering in the air and the new sadness everyone felt. "What the hell was that?" Athena whispers, frantically looking at her friends. "It was a dementor, from Azkaban," Elliot says, looking at all three of us with a panicked face. Isabella was about to ask a question, however, she gets cut off by Ginny barging into our compartment. 

"Athena! Harry's passed out" Ginny shouts, her face matching her hair color when she realizes her volume. "Erm- Hermione told me to get you, in case you wanted to check up on him," She continues, her voice much quieter. 

***

Athena wasted no time running from her compartment into Harry's, "Is he okay?" She asks, rushing to her brother, who was still unconscious. 

"He should be fine," Responds Hermione, "The Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher is with him." Athena looks up and notices the man, who seemed to be oddly familiar yet she doesn't know from where, but then again maybe she doesn't know him? He seemed young, there was no way he was older than his thirties, and she'd noticed the deep scars running along his face, although some were covered by his brown shaggy hair. 

The man then diverts his attention from Harry and onto Athena, his facial expressions widening when he looks at her, his face mimicking being reunited with an old friend. 

She clears her throat up, hoping it'll snap the man out of his gaze, and when it didn't, she started to get concerned. "Erm, hello," She says sheepishly, finally snapping the man out of his thoughts.  "Oh- er- extremely sorry. It's just, wow- it can't be..." He trails off about something, but it's much too quiet for Athena to understand. 

"How rude of me. I'm Professor Lupin, I'll be teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts. As Ms. Granger here told you," Athena gives the man a slight smile, not responding as she seemed wary of him. 

 "What happened?" Harry groans, finally awaking.

"The dementor got to you, I'm afraid." Professor Lupin says, Athena takes a seat next to Harry and grabs his face, his wellbeing being her only worry at the moment. "Are you alright? What happened?" She asks worriedly. "I heard a voice, I think it was mum's," He says, "There were no voices, Harry," Hermione says, her voice mixed with concern, Ron raising an eyebrow in confusion. 

Professor Lupin hands Harry a piece of chocolate, "Here. Eat this, it'll help." Harry takes the chocolate carefully, as the man is still a stranger. "I have to go sort this out," The Professor says, and with that, he exits the compartment. Hermione and Ron take a seat in front of Harry and Athena 

"Athena, did you notice anything weird about the way Professor Lupin was with you?" Hermione asks, looking at the girl. 

Athena shrugs, while the man did look eerily familiar, and it'd seemed that Athena had looked familiar to him as well- Harry too, now that she had been thinking about it. She still didn't know from where, and there was no real reason to pester, so she leaves it alone. 

"Nothing out of the ordinary, why?" She asks. 

"It looked like he had already met you before."