Part 49

Year 7: Waking up

***

Athena winces, pain flooding through her body as she shuffles through her bed. Another wince escapes her lips when a sharp pain comes through her back, every part of her body feeling like it was in pain- her head heavy. 

Her eyes flutter open, her vision slightly foggy as her eyes had felt like they'd been sewn shut.

"Where am I?" She asks, finding herself becoming embarrassed at how groggy and scratchy her voice sounded. "Athena!" Harry exclaims, running towards his sister with a wide smile on his face, his sudden reaction causing Fred and Molly- who'd also both been sitting in the girl's room to turn their heads to her, smiling at her once they realized she was awake. 

Athena smiles back, looking around at all three of them, and her heart sinks when her eyes meet Fred's. She can't help but feel guilty looking at him, he looked extremely tired. His face was dull, eyebags darker- showing that he hadn't slept properly in what looked like a few weeks, and his hair was messy and unkempt. 

"You're in Grimmuald Palace, dear." Molly says, bringing Athena back into reality, "You went unconscious after getting hit with the stupefy spell, it's been two weeks." She continues, making Athena whip her head around, "TWO WEEKS?!" She exclaims, how could a spell knock her out for that long?

The girl quickly shoots out of her seat, but Molly immediately makes her sit back in it, "You will not get out of bed, young lady!" She says sternly, "But yes, it's been two weeks. On the bright side, Sirius Black is officially a free man." 

A wide grin forms on Athena's face at the news, "Really?" She exclaims happily.

"Yes, after you saved him, it was obviously no longer a secret that Sirius was in London, instead of Tibet- which was what Kingsley had been telling the Ministry all along. They took him to trial- gave him Vertiserum, and it proved his innocence."

"All thanks to you," Harry chimes in, his face seemed happier than it had been in a long time.

A happy sigh comes out of the girl, thankful that Sirius was finally starting to get the justice he'd deserved all along. But her joy from the good news was quickly cut off when she looked at Fred once again, who hadn't spoken to her at all since she'd woken up, he hadn't even looked her in the eye, which left Athena wondering what the boy was truly feeling right now. 

Athena quickly looks at Molly and Harry, "Erm, can I have a word with Fred." The two nod, "...Alone?" She continues, making the two of them take the hint fast and scurry out of the room, leaving Athena and Fred alone.

***

"I should have been there," Fred says, breaking the silence. 

"What?" Athena says softly. 

"I should have been there, with you." He says, not making eye contact with the girl. "There was always part of me that didn't want to leave Hogwarts, and I knew it was because if anything happened to you I'd feel guilty." He continues, his words angry- although Fred was angrier with himself than Athena.