Part 43

Year 7: Expecto Patronum! 

***

Excitement fills the room as everyone begins working on their patronesses, "I want you to think of a memory, make it the happiest you can!" Harry shouts, moving across the room to see how everyone was progressing. 

Athena looks around the classroom, her lips curving into a smile as she watches everyone cast their Patronus, finding them all to be form-fitting. Her smile widens even more when she watches Hermione's otter bump into Ron's Jack Russel Terrier. 

"You know Jack Russel Terriers are known for chasing otters?" Athena says to Fred, making him grin as he watches the two interact, "Bloody hell, even their patronuses have gotten it figured out before them." He says, causing the girl to laugh. 

Athena looks at her boyfriend and tilts her head to an empty spot in the classroom, "Let's get to practicing Freddie, don't want to be the only ones without a Patronus, now do we?" She teases. 

Fred begins practicing first, and after a couple of attempts, a Magpie exits his wand, which didn't surprise anyone as it was the exact same Patronus that had exited George's wand minutes beforehand. Athena smile at the two, who seemed to be excited that they shared a Patronus, before beginning to work on hers. 

She found herself struggling, much more than a lot of her friends- who got it after a couple of attempts. She wondered why she couldn't perform her Patronus, she'd thought of multiple memories yet none of them seemed to work. 

Finally, her mind landed to one. 

Flashback

"Remus, can you bring her in?" James Potter asks, his voice quiet to avoid scaring the newly born child. Remus smiles, "Sure, she's with Sirius right now- you know how attached she is to him. So I'm probably going to have to bring them both in." 

James chuckles and winks at his best friend, "The more the merrier." 

Slowly, the hospital door of St. Mungos opens up, and it reveals a two-year-old timid Athena Potter, her tiny hand holding Sirus's hand as she enters the hospital room. The girl looks at her Uncle Padfoot, confused as to why she's here, as she's only two years old and doesn't have the best understanding of the world just yet. 

"Athena darling, come meet your new baby brother." Lily Potter says, looking at her daughter, and then glancing back down to her son. Tears filling up her eyes as she was finally getting the family she had dreamed of for all these years. 

Athena quickly lets go of Sirus's hand and runs over to her mother and father, quickly crawling up to the hospital bed and sitting next to Lily. "This- is mine?" She asks curiously, sticking her hand on Harry's tiny bicep. 

Laughter goes across the room at Athena's reaction, James puts Athena in his arms. 

"This is your baby brother Harry, Athena. The two of you are going to be best friends."